Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening. Got the 1.2 Puretech 110 Flair and was wondering about running it in. Citroen referred me to the online AA advice which recommends no more than 3000 revs for the first 1000 miles plus frequent oil and water checks then up it to 4000 revs for the next etc. when I asked the salesman when we picked it up he didn't have a clue.
Is anyone else doing anything different ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Modern cars do not really need "running in", but gentler treatment when new usually results in an engine that lasts longer - but also takes to longer to fully loosen up too.

I am just sensible about not using more than about 2/3 of maximum revs for first 500 miles or so, then drive normally. When new it is more important not to use too few revs and "labour" the engine - something the change up indicator unfortunately encourages you to do!

I would agree about checking the levels, although the Cactus does have an oil level check as part of its startup initialisation sequence.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Advice recently used to be to try to drive at varying speeds during the running in, and to avoid excessive revs. After the first 1000-1500 miles, you could up the revs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts