Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Hi there
This is purely a cosmetic issue but I think I shouldn't be seeing rust a week after buying a new car. The anthracite alloys are great but they do allow visibility on the wheel brake drum (I think that's what it is). Looks like it should be cleaned and re-sealed. I think I'll mention to dealer tomorrow. Any thoughts?

Attachments

G

·
I know they do tend to rust but not that quick. I think you are right about mentioning it to the dealer. Is it one side or both?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's certainly more plentiful on one side than the other, although the other side isn't completely clean either. Some research says it's common even with new cars as they are cast iron although these do look sealed with the rusty bits where the seal is broken. I have a feeling the dealer may tell me that's the way it is good luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mentioned it to the dealer and was met with more resistance than the inside of a brake drum. I'm kidding he was fairly reasonable. He said he'll respray them if I like so I'll go with that. He said they can get rusty even on new cars. I've read online that these can start rusting even once they are off the production line and it is purely cosmetic. In fact most people say say they have yet to see a brake drum that wasn't rusty!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like you've got good service from your dealer if he's going to respray them. I've seen lots of new cars with rusty brake drums as they are cast iron - (like you said) - and most new cars spend some time by the dock side in sea air. Hope you get it sorted!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts