Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the satnav display current speed limit? Does it give any sort of alert if you are breaking the speed limit? My local dealer has spoken vaguely about a software add-on: where can I find out more about these software add-ons?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been wondering about this too...I've made sure the speed limit display is checked in the settings, but as yet haven't had any displayed - not sure why.

If you go to http://citroen.navigation.com/C4Cactus_2014/citroen-eu/catalog/en_GB/GBP/ there is more info about what extras you can download.

My Cactus had it's 1000 mile service today and I did ask if there were any updates for the touchscreen, but the person in the service dept was a bit vague about it, so not sure whether anything has been updated or not...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Why would you need a 1000 mile service? It's supposed to be 16000 miles or one year, that's what my book says.

·
Registered
644 Posts
The2ems said:
Why would you need a 1000 mile service? It's supposed to be 16000 miles or one year, that's what my book says.
Ours has just has its first service at one year. Thought the 1000 mile service was for gear oil changes? Always used to be anyway. Maybe no need any more with modern cars?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
madon said:
My cactus has a 70 symbol when on the motorway, however on built up areas there are no speed limits displayed.
I test drove a cactus today and it definatly had the speed indictor on the top left of the sat-nav on motorway and urban

·
Registered
3 Posts
madon wrote:My cactus has a 70 symbol when on the motorway, however on built up areas there are no speed limits displayed.

I have symbols on the top left hand corner of the satnav on motorways and urban roads.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine very rarely displays a speed limit on screen - as I downloaded the 'risk areas' a few months back, I am not sure if it is linked to this. I tend to use Cameralert on iPhone which gives an accurate speed limit and camera warnings. In all honesty, the download from Citroen is pretty useless - it only covers fixed cameras, and those are a bit hit and miss...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Dadioglasgow said:
Mine very rarely displays a speed limit on screen - as I downloaded the 'risk areas' a few months back, I am not sure if it is linked to this. I tend to use Cameralert on iPhone which gives an accurate speed limit and camera warnings. In all honesty, the download from Citroen is pretty useless - it only covers fixed cameras, and those are a bit hit and miss...
I will have to wait until I get the car to see again but I am sure it showed 30mph etc in villages

So were do you get the downloads for the cactus and are they free ??

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
Turned on the ignition today and was told updates were available! Checked when i got home again after the school run and I think it's going to be £69!! Eek! Not going to bother.

Here's the link if you're interested. http://citroen.navigation.com/C4Cactus_2014/citroen-eu/catalog/en_GB/GBP/
The car tells you there are updates ?

How does it get the information ? the car does not have wi-fi does it ?

I was going to ask how the maps are updated

·
Registered
644 Posts
I guess it just knows they're available. Maybe a date release thing? My friend has updated her Clio in the past and it involved a few trips between the computer and car with a memory stick. And no it doesn't have wifi. :)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
I guess it just knows they're available. Maybe a date release thing? My friend has updated her Clio in the past and it involved a few trips between the computer and car with a memory stick. And no it doesn't have wifi. :)
Yeah the memory stick and USB port makes more sense its just when you said it told you but I suppose it could either be some kind of timer or it gets the info over the satellite signal somehow :| :?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Have been reading up and it's one download onto the memory stick and bung it in the usb slot in the car. Sounds easy enough. Still not doing it. :lol:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Anyone found out about this speed limit thing, I had it on my car but today it disappeared the reappeared later - Is it just on certain roads/times etc

·
Registered
169 Posts
In my experience, the speed limit appears rarely and on main roads only.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Moro said:
In my experience, the speed limit appears rarely and on main roads only.
Its weird as it did also appear through local villages but seems random - sometimes there sometimes not.

Not vital or anything but handy when you are on some roads and you are like "what's the speed on here" - then a few feet further there is a speed camera :shock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.