Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering when I get the car will the Sat-Nav be updated to the latest software ?

If not I would think I could ask for it to be updated or am I wrong ? - what have other people done ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was thinking about this.

Tbh if it's coming from the dealer then I expect it to be as up to date as possible especially as mines not built yet.

But I've had brand new items that have required firmware updates straight out of the box.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I queried this at the dealer when I had my 1000 mile checkover last weekend...to be honest, the service dept were a bit vague about it. I don't think anything was done. It would be better if we as owners could just download and install updates from Citroen's website??

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cloud9 said:
I queried this at the dealer when I had my 1000 mile checkover last weekend...to be honest, the service dept were a bit vague about it. I don't think anything was done. It would be better if we as owners could just download and install updates from Citroen's website??
I think you can but at £70 a pop which is why I want it updated before I get it

·
Registered
266 Posts
There is a difference between map and navigation updates... You pay for the map updates, but at least in France they seem to be getting the firmware update for free...

·
Registered
644 Posts
When I went on the Citroen site it showed two updates - one for speed cameras and one for maps. Both were chargeable. Wonder if would be worth asking the dealer if there are any free upgrades then?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dadioglasgow said:
Only free upgrade might be for the firmware...
This is what I enquired about as the DAB freezes sometimes and the screen seems a bit slow generally...I was hoping they might install a firmware update to iron out any glitches...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.