Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, obviously its far too early yet but does anyone know how we are supposed to update the satnav in the future. Very disappointed that it does not have a postcode function

·
Registered
44 Posts
I seem to remember reading here somewhere you can input the post code in the 'town/city' field, then road name?! Don't know if this is right as I'm still waiting! ;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
You can input the postcode in the town/city field - indeed, I have found it invaluable as I am either missing something or the POI search is useless unless you can narrow the search area drastically.

On the whole, the satnav is fairly good. You can download speed cameras from Citroen and also map updates when they become available - at a price :-(

Updates are done by copying to a Usb stick and plugging that into the car.

Not sure if firmware updates will be made available, but at least the full postcode search is on current models.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree, there is full postcode facility although strange to me as when you put the first letter in most of the letters grey out. The only ones left are the obvious ones and as you proceed inputting you're left with the only ones that can possibly go. I found this weird at first but now I'm used to it, plus it saves you searching. As you say, enter postcode on the 'city' line.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Has anyone tried the traffic delay announcements?

I enabled these and got notifications for delays from A LONG WAY away despite selecting most closest range. Selecting the longest range seemed to make no difference. Anyone else with this issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. That's good news about using the postcode. Bit strange that there is not a postcode box though

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have found that if you input the postcode (1st part) into the town it will then give you a list of full postcodes to choose from .. ( this works for most of London) .

If no post code available you start to type in the road and that will then give you a list of all the roads with the same start as the letters entered for that post code ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moro said:
Has anyone tried the traffic delay announcements?

I enabled these and got notifications for delays from A LONG WAY away despite selecting most closest range. Selecting the longest range seemed to make no difference. Anyone else with this issue?
Yep I have the same problem. I live in Bournemouth and everytime i startup i get traffic notifications, sometimes as far away as Edinburgh! Does anyone have any suggestons?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Gibmonkey said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. That's good news about using the postcode. Bit strange that there is not a postcode box though
Not really that strange. On my tomtom I input the postcode after selecting search by address.

·
Registered
644 Posts
But you put it in the postcode entry field on the Tom Tom. Have to put it in the city field on the cactus sat nav. Not very user friendly and instinctive. :? :?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I find the sat-nav very good to use (once you find out you can put post code in city field) I had an alert pop up the other day of a road closed due to accident - it was very close to where we were heading and very handy to know

Is this always on the sat-nav or is this something that has been added and would need some kind of subscription in the future ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Is this always on the sat-nav or is this something that has been added and would need some kind of subscription in the future ?
It will be TMC alerts (wiki), so at least in the UK you will get basic traffic information for free. In other countries, like France, you may need a subscription to a commercial TMC provider to get the same level of information.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Evilpaul said:
JohnYoung said:
It will be TMC alerts (wiki), so at least in the UK you will get basic traffic information for free. In other countries, like France, you may need a subscription to a commercial TMC provider to get the same level of information.
Ahh right - thanks well its good to have :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
But you put it in the postcode entry field on the Tom Tom. Have to put it in the city field on the cactus sat nav. Not very user friendly and instinctive. :? :?
No. There us no field specifically for post code.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts