Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Reading reviews they say a lot about the thing that the seats don't have lumber support.
How will you asses the driving comfort, especially on long road drive?
Plus is the diesel motor that loud as they say on the reviews

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Seats and driving position are fine for me, 5foot 10inches. Diesel engine is fine, as quiet as my previous Kia Sportage.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yep seats are fine. Been on a few long drives and got out of the car fresh as a daisy. Diesel is quiet inside. Quieter than my seat altea xl.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Agreed...seats very comfy and the quietest diesel I've had. Longest trip I've made so far is about 50 miles, but didn't feel any lack of support - in actual fact, how many modern cars have lumbar support adjustment?

·
Registered
626 Posts
6'2" here...Ummm they are OK. They lack lumber support and I find they lack a bit of support on the squab underneath your thighs. That said however I've got accustomed to them (took a while) and have no complaints since....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Longest trip I did in one go was just shy of 200 miles, when I got out I'd felt as though I'd done no more than 50. I'm 5'6" so maybe the taller you are the comfort gets a little less. Just as being short can bring issues, its all about individual tastes, pretty much like any vehicle whats fine for some might be dire for others.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I make a regular 500km round trip and find the seats very comfy for the hours I spend in them. I guess I must be just right for them, or them for me. As for the diesel engine, I only even notice any noise with round town driving. Cruising on the autovia I can't hear it at all, just road & wind noise, or the stereo of course ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I must say I find the seats really uncomfortable.

Lumber support, which I thought would be an issue isn't, but the seat base is too firm and the side bolsters are too high and close together.

I have a Cactus courtesy car today with leather and that is slightly better as there appears to be additional padding under the leather. But still not good enough. My 1962 DS ran rings around them for comfy chairs...
I must say they spoil the car for me..... :-(

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry but if the seats were that bad and spoilt the car, then surely you wouldn't buy it. Afterall you can't get away from the seats, you could turn a blind eye at something else cosmetic but the seats are a major factor as to whether its right for you or not.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think the seats (ours has the leather option) are very comfortable. I'm 6ft 2in and the longest journey so far has been about 2 hrs, I can't find fault with them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have now done over 4500 miles, including several long trips, and I find the (standard) seats are very comfortable - much better than my old C4. The only discomfort I found was caused by the footrest, which totally spoiled my driving position. However, since I removed it, comfort is perfect. I used to have lumbar adjustment on a previous car, but did not find it made much of a difference. There seems to be a lumbar support area at the base of the seat back, which I find helps to create a comfy seat (for me at least...) :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 6'1" and find the seats themselves perfectly adequate. Maybe it would be nice to have a lumbar option but the standard shape doesn't give me any problems and I do have a back issue from years of kayaking. The only comfort concern I have is that I find the pedal box rather cramped. On long journeys (3hrs plus) I tend to find my left knee aches a little from not being able to fully stretch it out. The rest of the time it's fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.