Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I out of touch or do the resell (dealer) prices of the s/h Cacti on eBay look very low? £11-12k for a £15k car with 15 plates & just a few thousand on the clock.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Broadspeed are showing 20% discounts on new C4 Cactus', so I would imagine the larger dealer groups that support such discounts are also able to sell used cars below this level.

Motorpoint have a fair few HDi Blue Flair's for £12,500-ish with 10k and less on the clock, and it's these I'm looking at (the DS4 is from Motorpoint and they are spot-on).

·
Registered
626 Posts
Citroen have always heavily discounted at point of first sale, hence the s/h deals always look significantly cheaper compared to original book price.

The difference will obviously be a lot less if you compared actual price with second hand valuation.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Don't forget the initial 'hit' that buying new gives you i.e vat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got a year old 7K miles BlueHDi Flair 16" Black Alloys,Obsidian Black paint, leather interior (no panaramic or space saver) from dealer for £12800 cash ... I'm happy til someone tells me otherwise !!

·
Registered
735 Posts
CRK, you've got a Cactus, of course you will be happy :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
To be honest I was thinking second hand prices were very HIGH! considering new price discounts. I've seen the same spec cars as mine 6 or 8 months old with 4-6 thousand on the clock more expensive that I've just paid new! Go figure!

Look in the right places and even at the right main dealer and you can get some very tasty new car deals.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
> To be honest I was thinking second hand prices were very HIGH! considering new price discounts. I've seen the same spec cars as mine 6 or 8 months old with 4-6 thousand on the clock more expensive that I've just paid new! Go figure! Look in the right places and even at the right main dealer and you can get some very tasty new car deals.<

So much for the forces of supply and demand then if dealers are having to offer massive discounts. Is that on 'stock' models or for cars built to order?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts