Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My (company owned) Cactus is approaching 2,000 miles. The car came with manual and warranty book but this refers to another service schedule document to be provided by my dealer.

Whatever that looks like I didn't get it and I'm worried there's an early safety service I need to book in for.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi

Don't think so, we got the service schedule which states 16K miles or 12 months thought the Citroen app suggests about 14K miles.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On my vehicle the initial service (just a check over really ) was 1000 miles, then there was some confusion as I rang the dealer at about 8k and was told the service was due at 10k. When I called back a couple of weeks later to book it in I checked again and was told 16k this time! So - I duly waited until 15k, by which time the spanner symbol had come on (with the Adblue warning ) and counted down to the 16k service. Not sure if the petrol engines are the same, but presumably the service indicator should be set correctly for each model??

·
Registered
116 Posts
....the only other thing of course is that if you don't cover many miles in a year it may be the interval in months and not mileage...I only ever think of the mileage as I cover so many!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Citroen used to require a service at 1k or 30 days, which was little more than a wash and levels check but this was dropped about 5 years ago.

It's now 16k or 12 months for diesels, 12.5k or 12 months for petrol models. Occasionally the first service might be called a little early as it depends when the indicator was set.

·
Registered
164 Posts
In Israel they stopped the first overall check (was at 2000 km / 1250 miles or 3 months) years ago. Now the service schedule for all 1.0/1.2 engines is 15,000 km (9375 miles) or 1 year, for both petrol and diesel.

·
Registered
626 Posts
The HDi Blue 100s have condition monitoring so may well come up with a SERVICE well in advance of its due date/mileage.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ours started whinging about a service a few weeks before its first birthday. We then did quite a lot of motorway miles and I'm sure it made the number of miles left go up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts