Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trawled through all the owner guides and manuals I'm unable to find any reference to the service schedule. My Citroen app is indicating my service at 11k :?: Going on previous Citroens this seems a bit of an add number and not convinced this is right.

A search online has revealed nothing but conflicting information and suspect this is due to differing requirements for Diesel and Petrol engines but no clear indication which is for what...12000, 12500, 18000 all being quoted.

Anyone able to shed any light?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats great thanks.

Which document is that in as (unless I couldn't see for looking) I don't have anything that resembles a schedule like that?

So it appears every 1yr/10k or 16k which ever first, depending on use. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Taken from the PARKERS review of the Cactus.

Summary Running Costs

Servicing period

Choose a petrol Cactus and you'll need to visit the workshop just once every two years, or every 20,000 miles (whichever comes first) but the diesel requires attention more often at 12,500 miles or every 12 months.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Rich

The Citroen dealer gave me it with my handbook and service record book.

Rob

G

·
Mine was the same situation as Rob just a peice of paper with the schedule on it. There is no service handbook like for the old C4 just a small booklet with recommendations and provisions for the service stamps. The service intervals are more frequent than my old C4 1.6 Petrol, that was every two years or 20,000 miles. Perhaps Parkers are giving this information for the Cactus by mistake. When pondering purchasing the Cactus petrol I saw information (not from Citroen) that is was a lubricated sealed timing unit that didn't have to be replaced.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is great, thanks...

Keith said:
There is no service handbook like for the old C4 just a small booklet with recommendations and provisions for the service stamps.
I got the book...no addendum :mrgreen:

markfoz said:
the diesel requires attention more often at 12,500 miles or every 12 months.
This was the conflicting info (milage) I'd seen ;) ...it appears the petrol is TBC?!

Looks like I might drop Citroen UK a line to get a definitive response. Whilst I'm at it I'll get them to confirm the Petrol too and post it up as a sticky for ref...

G

·
Looks like I might drop Citroen UK a line to get a definitive response. Whilst I'm at it I'll get them to confirm the Petrol too and post it up as a sticky for ref...
That would be handy Rich.

I forgot to mention there were two identical schedules, I had to sign both, one was kept by the dealer and the other by me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keith said:
I forgot to mention there were two identical schedules, I had to sign both, one was kept by the dealer and the other by me.
Thats a bit odd...all the cars I've had the schedule is provided as part of the Maintenance and Service manual. An email has been sent so see what is returned.

If anything it can't be anymore complicated than the 500 Abarth. Release the car to market change the service schedule twice in 12months, add a performance pack upgrade, amend the requirements for that twice, issue paper guides to the customers, but not the dealers cause mass confusion 5 years on people still don't know what to do!

G

·
As you say it is odd, I've never had this before. As I said in my previous post there is no schedule in the service book only recommendations and an area for service stamps. I also find it strange that the petrol Cactus has to have more frequent services than the old C4 petrol. I got three years free servicing so it isn't too bad for me.

Hopefully you get a reply from Citroen to see what they say.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wouldn't it be a good idea if Citroen could supply this service sheet as a downloadable PDF on their website? Then they could update it if required

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The trouble is that some schedules change over the production periods however its not beyond technology to be able to put in your VIN in to a webpage and get the info that way.

Its also interesting that this is the first car I've owned that has service intervals based on two operating conditions - Normal and Extreme, something you only ever see with Cam Belts! Trouble with these is that they are open to interpretation and for the diesel the assumed 2k difference between the Normal and Extreme operating conditions would be minimal only effect the oil?

The Citroen website does offer some info in the form of a service booking page and recomedations are made based on your model and milage.

As an aside the email was sent and awaiting a response...not even had an auto acknowledgement return :?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Citroen response is in and predictably contradicts the information previously discussed....

Citroen UK said:
Dear {BristolRich},

Thank you for your recent email with regards to servicing.

The service schedule as advised by Citroen, regardless of fuel type or transmission is:
16,000 or 1 Year, which ever comes first.

Hope this information helps. If you require any further assistance please contact us on 0844 463 3500 or by return email.

Kind regards,

Abdal Razak
Customer Relations Advisor
0844 463 3500

G

·
I really cannot get my head around this. My 10 year old C4 1.6 petrol only required servicing every 20,000 miles or 2 yrs.

Using Citroen's service scheduler it quotes £218.57 for the 16,000 miles or 1 year service this includes change for the pollen filter. Brake fluid change is every two years at an extra cost and spark plugs are every four years. So presuming you get an oil and filter change and top up of screen-wash and perhaps a bit of grease, why is it so expensive? Even taking into account the high hourly labour rate this seems very high.

I've never had a car that hasn't had a list of what is done for each type of service, major or minor.

Luckily I have 3 years free servicing but after that hopefully their fixed priced servicing will come into play, £115 Interim & £195 Full

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My old 2005 C4 VTS wasnt as complicated...every 12500miles regardless... job jobbed!

I think the cost is a symptom of the perceived benefit of extended range services.

My previous car required a Service at every 18000 miles irrespective of time. What they failed to tell you (and couldnt decided between themselves) was the requirement for additional oil changes required at either 6000miles or 9000miles/ 1 year which ever first in between 0 and 18k.

So every 6/9k/1yr you had an oil change at anywhere between £80 and £170.

Then there was the pollen filter which again had to be changed every year....

Then came the 18000 service - £475
Then came the 36000 service - £890!

Anyway...I'm going to ring a couple of local dealers and see if I can get any clarity on the requirements and go back to Citroen UK and see what they say.

Cant believe it can be so difficult.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My schedule says 1 year and my dealer has contracted me to see if I want to book in. My car was registered 1st sept.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Service completed.

Returned from Holiday at the end of Jun and the car was flashing up 1500miles to go until Service - Current milage 8000miles. Gradually over the course of following week the service counter was dropping like a stone regardless of the fact i'd not even covered 200miles during the period.

Suspicious that there was a milage and/or time calculation to the service counter I did a bit of digging and sure enough this is a function of the HDi Blue models ONLY. Oil quality is also monitored and is factored into the calculation too.

So... as you approach either the 12m or 16000miles (intervals now confirmed) the car will adjust the countdown according to which ever is nearest and factor in oil condition.

Anayway... Service completed without a hitch and was refreshing to return to the dealer and see all the faces that were there six years ago and still get personal and quality service.

16000/1year HDi Blue Service complete £211. - includes topping up of Adblue.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had my 12 service this week too (blue hdi). Mine has done 9000 miles. It feels great and still doing 70-80mpg average. Great car!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How old is your car? I found once into two months from the anniversary of the car the car flashed up 1500miles to service even though I was no where near the 16000.

It might be that your driving style is considered (by the Service nag!) 'arduous' - frequent short journeys?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts