Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picking up my Blue HDI 100 in a few weeks. Made a bit of an error with the 3 year lease in that I was convinced that maintenance was included...but it's not.

I'll be doing approximately 18,000 miles a year so worried that servicing costs might actually be quite high.

Has anyone had theirs serviced recently - and was it pricey?

Thanks

·
Registered
626 Posts
Depends...on who the contract is with and read the small print!

I've been offered dealer service packages but I've always been suspicious of them.

Invariably it involves you crediting money into an account on a monthly or one off basis. The money is in their coffers earning them interest and bumping up their balance sheets. You also need to investigate what protection you have if the dealer goes bump. Not 'everything' is covered and you end up arguing the toss as to what's happened to your money.

For the same money you can set up an account for yourself which will earn you (some!) interest and you find that you end up in credit following paying out for services! The money is protected by the FSA and you have access to it as and when you need it.

Citroen offer their own packages and you'll need to compare this to other options again comparing T&Cs. These will (I hope) be better regulated and controlled.

For the Abarth I put £100 pcm to cover tyres services, wear and tear, taxes and insurances still ending up still in credit at the end of the year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That's some great advice there. Cheers Rich.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great thanks. It's my local dealer in Chalfont so will take a look through what they've got. Good thinking about just putting it in savings and gaining interest myself, albeit a tiny amount but I'd still rather have it than them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts