Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
The 'metallic rattling' suggests pinking, which means either the plugs are faulty (happens a lot with modern engines) or the timing is out?

·
Registered
709 Posts
srperry said:
The 'metallic rattling' suggests pinking, which means either the plugs are faulty (happens a lot with modern engines) or the timing is out?
Also can be attributed to the fuel having too low an octane rating than is required for the high internal pressure in the cylinders, particularly relevant for engines having turbo boost. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wondered if the recent recall re the timing belt would have anything to do with the stutter/loss of power that sometimes occurs under sharp acceleration? Seems it only occurs in the turbo equipped models. I looked at my timing belt yesterday after booking in for service and recall and saw that the edges are frayed. Anyone else got his??? Mine is a 2016 110 with 38k on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good Morning,
Another South African long time lurker and first post. I have been experiencing a similar problem with my 110 petrol. Had the fault checked at the second service at 28000km and a new engine and turbo is being fitted under warranty. Oil in the turbo and loss of compression on one cylinder! The car has been off the road for 2 months now. Not impressed.

Kevcab.
Another frustrated South African. We have the C4 Cactus 1.2 Puretech, what a lovely car, but does the same. We initially had a bad oil usage problem (1.5L during 1000kms trip). Car only had 95,000kms on the clock. Thank goodness the extended warranty covered everything but had to have the engine overhauled, but even after the overhaul the loss of power/missing continues on and off, no real indicator as sometimes when in 4th at 110 kmph trying to overtake, other time in 3rd doing 70 kmph and the engine light comes on regularly. We are being told it needs a software update as that may be causing it. The car was in for 2 months, then 1 week and dropped it off again today. #gatvol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wondered if the recent recall re the timing belt would have anything to do with the stutter/loss of power that sometimes occurs under sharp acceleration? Seems it only occurs in the turbo equipped models. I looked at my timing belt yesterday after booking in for service and recall and saw that the edges are frayed. Anyone else got his??? Mine is a 2016 110 with 38k on it.

we had our cambelt replaced and engine overhauled and still get the loss of power. The workshop cannot find the problem. It's been back multiple times.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts