Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that the display is way to slowstarted. It takes up to 15-20sec for it to start sometimes.
Any other having the same problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Display comes on in a couple of seconds. It then does take 10-15 seconds to boot up and be ready for use. Its not an issue for me. My only other comment is the poor english lady on the satnav seems to have a lisp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's annoying when I should back out and the reverse camera starts when I'm done and starting to move forward.
This is not a big issue but it would be nice if the boot of the system could be a little faster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree that the touch screen takes a long time to start up sometimes. On a few occasions I can turn the key and it is on instantly but the majority of the time I have to wait for it to boot up and sometimes you have to just reverse out of the drive before it appears.

I took it into the garage to find out if it was something I was doing wrong but he said it was because the car had been turned of for some time and it was like a computer restarting up. The times when it started instantly would be when I had restarted it after a short period of time of non use.

This is rubbish as when it does start up instantly sometimes it is when it has been parked in drive overnight! I park it to walk the dog for 45 minutes and it takes 30 seconds + to restart. This is very frustrating as everything else on the car is great but this is one of the main parts of the car that operates most things and it is not performing to a reasonable standard.

I think that modifications need to be made for future designs as there are too many icons to press to change the screen e.g. from the music to make a phone call or changing the temperature of the heating.

It may take a while to get used to (had the car since January) but comparing it to my Nissan Juke the technology is still way behind. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my C4 Cactus in December and I've also noticed that sometimes the system takes a while to start - when I turn the key I get a blank screen, followed by the illuminated side keys (after 10-15 seconds) and then by the citroen logo.

At first I believed this was caused by temperature issues, but I discovered it seems to be rather random. Maybe this is a sw bug, a power management problem of some sort, or a design fault that cannot be fixed via firmware updates. But I'm curious if any of you got your Cactuses "cured" of this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
DCHudson said:
Display comes on in a couple of seconds. It then does take 10-15 seconds to boot up and be ready for use. Its not an issue for me. My only other comment is the poor english lady on the satnav seems to have a lisp.
Indeed, "turn right" and "turn left" sound just the same, if one is only half listening!

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have similar issues with the touch screen. As others have said, it's a bit random, and can also be worse when stopping after a short journey, when it had been OK starting after being parked up overnight. And yes, waiting for the reversing camera to come on before moving (I'm getting really reliant on the camera) But hey, who wants perfection?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Could you all post the version of your software and do we know it is the latest version? My Cactus is still in order but I would guess use the codes from this topic: http://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=640

What would be interesting would be to compare the outcome of these options:

- HWINFO (affiche) : shows info about hardware
- SWINFO (affiche) : Info about Software
- SYSMON (affiche) : info about system

G

·
The2ems said:
I have similar issues with the touch screen. As others have said, it's a bit random, and can also be worse when stopping after a short journey, when it had been OK starting after being parked up overnight. And yes, waiting for the reversing camera to come on before moving (I'm getting really reliant on the camera) But hey, who wants perfection?
My software is SMEG5.2.CR.R1 Dated 08-01-15 As i've said in another post the only problem I sometimes have is when dissabling Stop/Start and that's not very often. My display come on straight away and boots up quite quickly and my rear camera always comes on immediatly I select reverse. Perhaps being and ETG may have something to do with it.

That is why I am reluctant to do a Firware update.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Mine is dated Aug 2014, although car is 2015 and has never been a problem. Works virtually instant whatever I do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Keith said:
The2ems said:
My software is SMEG5.2.CR.R1 Dated 08-01-15 As i've said in another post the only problem I sometimes have is when dissabling Stop/Start and that's not very often. My display come on straight away and boots up quite quickly and my rear camera always comes on immediatly I select reverse. Perhaps being and ETG may have something to do with it.

I have the same firmware version, even the release date is a match.

G

·
tjcruz said:
Keith said:
The2ems said:

I have the same firmware version, even the release date is a match.
That's strange and not very helpfull to you. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Keith said:
That's strange and not very helpfull to you. :(
It's strange because it doesn't affect everyone. I'm starting to think there must be something else, eventually related to usage patterns. I say this, because I noticed some bugs on the system that several other users didn't notice simply because they don't use bluetooth. For instance, if I place the radio in mute and answer a call, the radio will come back after I finish. A recent firmware update was issued to solve this (but I'm avoiding it).

I noticed the SMEG system has some sort of sleep mode - when it is engaged, the screen will come back instantly. But when you play with the system and you have the engine off, it will shutdown after a while - the next reboot will be slow because it is a full restart. Now, imagine that something is keeping SMEG "alive", even if the screen is off - bluetooth, for instance. It's just a theory.

So, I have a question: is there anyone among the people that use bluetooth for handsfree or media functionality, that doesn't suffer from the "slow start" syndrome ? This could be helpful to dismiss one or two potential causes.

G

·
tjcruz said:
I noticed some bugs on the system that several other users didn't notice simply because they don't use bluetooth. For instance, if I place the radio in mute and answer a call, the radio will come back after I finish. A recent firmware update was issued to solve this (but I'm avoiding it).
Perhaps I have misunderstood you but if my radio is on and I receive a call the radio automatically mutes itself and comes on when I have finished my call.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Keith said:
tjcruz said:
I noticed some bugs on the system that several other users didn't notice simply because they don't use bluetooth. For instance, if I place the radio in mute and answer a call, the radio will come back after I finish. A recent firmware update was issued to solve this (but I'm avoiding it).
Perhaps I have misunderstood you but if my radio is on and I receive a call the radio automatically mutes itself and comes on when I have finished my call.
What I meant to say is that the radio is always unmuted after a call, even if it was muted before. Imagine you don't want to listen to music and have muted the radio - after you receive and finish a phone call, it will automatically unmute.

G

·
tjcruz said:
What I meant to say is that the radio is always unmuted after a call, even if it was muted before. Imagine you don't want to listen to music and have muted the radio - after you receive and finish a phone call, it will automatically unmute.
I'm sure that is the norm. I beleive the reason is when you make or receive a call it automatically turns mute off so you can hear the call but not on again when you have finished.

I've just checked my display, it came on immediately to the last screen used it didn't even have to boot up. I last used my car yessterday afternnon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Keith said:
tjcruz said:
I'm sure that is the norm. I beleive the reason is when you make or receive a call it automatically turns mute off so you can hear the call but not on again when you have finished.

I've just checked my display, it came on immediately to the last screen used it didn't even have to boot up. I last used my car yessterday afternnon.
No hands-free system should do that. If I have shut the radio off, I want to keep it like that. My previous cars (a Toyota Auris, and a C3 Picasso) worked like that. The same happens with my wife's C4 II. In fact, one of latest firmware releases addresses this specific problem, which is considered a bug.

As for the boot time, mine also works like yours, most of the time. But, from time to time, I have a boot delay. Strange stuff. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep more often than not (regardless of how long it's been off) it takes a good 30 seconds to boot which is annoying, I now make the point of reverse parking as much as possible so I'm ready to drive off forwards rather than having to wait for the screen to reverse!

The other thing I notice is that often when the screen comes on it's on a random tab ie; not the tab I left it on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
markfoz said:
Yep more often than not (regardless of how long it's been off) it takes a good 30 seconds to boot which is annoying, I now make the point of reverse parking as much as possible so I'm ready to drive off forwards rather than having to wait for the screen to reverse!

The other thing I notice is that often when the screen comes on it's on a random tab ie; not the tab I left it on.
I always leave mine on the trip computer screen and never experienced this symptom. When I start the car I'm always on the same screen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.