Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat in a cactus for the first time yesterday. this was in a temporary citroen showroom in Glasgow. fortunately, I am only interested in the etg models.
most people need the reassurance that only the fumbler can give. that's the gear lever. but it must be very odd and uncomfortable for size 11 overfoot wearers. surely?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Size 10s here and driving a manual.

Yes the pedal box is small and took me quite a while to get used it. Even after a year I cant wear one pair of trainers to drive the car because if slowing to a stop, as soon as the clutch goes down I catch the side of my braking foot, slam the brakes on and Mrs BristolRich faceplants the dash.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Haha! Same here with my 10's, other than a pair of walker boots I don't have any issues whatever. If your feet were too big you just wouldn't buy it, same if you were too tall. :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
No problems and I am a size 9.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm only a size 6/7 but have on occasion caught the brake pedal when I didn't want to, and for a while could only wear certain narrow shoes to drive! Glad not just me. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dadioglasgow said:
Remove the footrest and all is well - much more comfortable for the left foot.
How easy is it to remove the footrest? I have size 12 feet and manage to drive the car with no issues, but having said that, if I could remove the footrest it would be a bit more comfortable changing gear. Is it a big job?

·
Registered
211 Posts
After driving the Cactus for 4 weeks now, I can't say I've experienced any issues with accidentally catching the wrong pedal, and I have wide size 12 feet! But I do drive with the front part of my foot ( ball to toes, long toes!) I'm also 6'2" and drive with the seat lowered and almost all the way back so that I don't have issues with knee on steering wheel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts