Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
We are not saying that the password is on that website (well, it is), but that address IS the password.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for making that available. It all worked well for me. It just requires careful observation of the instructions. The risk update took a couple of goes due to the system deciding that the USB stick did not have any music files on it. Turning engine off and back on again and reinsert stick and all is well. I also got caught out for the map update by pointing the code generator at the wrong CCT.DAT.inf, just as the instructions warn about!

Thanks

Roly

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I will try this later as I wanted to update the maps etc but thought you could only do so by updating screen firmware and I don't want to do that and possibly void my warranty.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mothy said:
Thank you for making that available. It all worked well for me. It just requires careful observation of the instructions. The risk update took a couple of goes due to the system deciding that the USB stick did not have any music files on it. Turning engine off and back on again and reinsert stick and all is well. I also got caught out for the map update by pointing the code generator at the wrong CCT.DAT.inf, just as the instructions warn about!

Thanks

Roly
Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JohnYoung said:
I will try this later as I wanted to update the maps etc but thought you could only do so by updating screen firmware and I don't want to do that and possibly void my warranty.
I don't think we void warranty when we update firmware, but you can always ask your dealer if you have any doubt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do not know how these things work in the UK, but here in Holland we have such a thing as consumer rights. Basically these state that a product has an economic life expectancy, meaning that depending on the price of the product you can expect it to work properly for a period of time. I know this sounds a bit vague and there is nobody crazy enough to invest in a law suit if you are ever wronged in this matter, but it does work to use this as an argument if you ever get in a dispute.

If something breaks within the first 2 years on a product costing about 21k euros and it can be reasonably assumed that it was a factory fault, then I don't give a rats @ss what I did or did not do to a firmware of a screen. I will hold the person who sold me this product responsible and will make a great fuss to get what I rightfully deserve. Usualy screaming in the store while other customers are present helps a great deal, of course this should always be the last resort, I'd prefer to arrange it like gentlemen.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JohnYoung said:
That site is awful to use.... I cannot seem to download it.

It goes to 100% then nothing happens :roll:
That's strange, i never ever had a problem with mega. Try again later or change your browser, i use firefox.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JohnYoung said:
I use firefox and I have worked it out. It did download but never gave me any indication or notificatio
I have the mega plug in for firefox and sometimes that happens to me too :D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts