Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say I'm leaving you lovely ladies and gents, as I've cancelled my order today :cry:

The handover date was pushed back by another 3 weeks, with no explanation given whatsoever, and in addition, a 'mistake' has been made with my finance and they're asking me to stump up more money on my monthly payments, despite the agreement being signed and etc.

Anyway, good luck to you all, I hope you enjoy your cacti....maybe I'll join you again in the near future!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Really sorry to hear this.

We were lucky, our car to exact spec was available immediately so we had no wait.

Having now had the car over a month and having done a 550 mile round trip I cannot fault the car beyond the obvious compromises for price.

Sad that you will not have the Cactus experience.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Buy a used one, I got mine, 6 months old for £11k. 5000miles, there were others with less, and one with only 5miles!
Don't get finance from a dealer, get it from the Bank

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Go to a different dealer - We had one who was pants and then the next day we found one and they could not do more for us.

Another dealer will be happy to take your money. We got the top model for the mid-range price as they had a one which I assume had been cancelled as it was brand new but it was available to buy straight away with no miles on the clock

·
Registered
262 Posts
JohnYoung said:
Go to a different dealer - We had one who was pants and then the next day we found one and they could not do more for us.

Another dealer will be happy to take your money. We got the top model for the mid-range price as they had a one which I assume had been cancelled as it was brand new but it was available to buy straight away with no miles on the clock
Well...

Not necessarily another dealer, sometimes another salesperson is enough.

We visited a main dealer, spent a couple of hours reviewing options, had a quick test drive and left as good potential customers waiting for information. Some weeks later having heard nothing back emailed but never had a response.

On our way home from another showroom having heard about the 24 hour test drive popped back into the same dealer, met a really pleasant sales guy, arranged for a 24 hour test for the next Saturday, returned the test on the Sunday where he pointed out the exact match to our requirement parked next to his desk in the showroom, drove it home the next Saturday (would have been earlier had I not been away).

Two weeks later picked up a 9K mile 63 plate C1 from the same chap as a second car.

Whilst we were initially really disappointed by the dealership this transpired to be down to an individual.

Do shop around even if it is just with different sales persons under the same roof.

·
Registered
211 Posts
A quick look on Motorpoint, and they have 44 Cactus available, 29 of them in Flair model for £11.5k - £12k with 5k - 9k on the clock.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Bewar3them00n said:
A quick look on Motorpoint, and they have 44 Cactus available, 29 of them in Flair model for £11.5k - £12k with 5k - 9k on the clock.
Eye, and as I've said before I'd have no reservations buying from motorpoint having been a satisfied customer.

·
Registered
211 Posts
FrankBullitt said:
Bewar3them00n said:
Eye, and as I've said before I'd have no reservations buying from motorpoint having been a satisfied customer.
That's where I got mine from, turned up in the morning, test drove it, drove it away in the afternoon.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm a great believer in buying nearly new cars. The savings are great. I can't understand the need to have brand new all the time. Not worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Mrsstuzilla said:
I'm a great believer in buying nearly new cars. The savings are great. I can't understand the need to have brand new all the time. Not worth the money in my opinion.
Depends on what you need. If you don't plan to keep the car beyond three years and want trouble-free, repair cost free motoring for a reasonable monthly payment, then PCP is the most popular choice.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Lisloo30 said:
Sorry to say I'm leaving you lovely ladies and gents, as I've cancelled my order today :cry:

The handover date was pushed back by another 3 weeks, with no explanation given whatsoever, and in addition, a 'mistake' has been made with my finance and they're asking me to stump up more money on my monthly payments, despite the agreement being signed and etc.

Anyway, good luck to you all, I hope you enjoy your cacti....maybe I'll join you again in the near future!!
What a pain and sorry to hear, glad you cut them off.

I opted for a pre-configured vehicle of which virtually every permutation was available (Sept 15)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Blactus said:
Mrsstuzilla said:
Depends on what you need. If you don't plan to keep the car beyond three years and want trouble-free, repair cost free motoring for a reasonable monthly payment, then PCP is the most popular choice.
True, although we paid 75% of the best internet broker price (...55% of list...) for our DS4 by having a car 9 months old with 9k on the clock - Citroën's 3 year £299 service package can be added up to the cars first service date and I've just shelled out £250 for a full-spec Citroën 4th year on the warranty - trouble free, repair cost free too and still almost £4k better off than the best new deal I could have secured.

As soon as they do a reach adjustable steering wheel I will be buying...6-9 months later!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts