Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Cactus in for repair on 13 November after getting the drivers door mirror smashed off. This also caused damage to the A post between the door and the windscreen, which required removal of the vinyl covering. I spoke to the repairer last Tuesday, who told me that the new cover was on back order, and was due in today. He rang me today to tell me that the Citroen dealer have now told him it's not due in until Thursday. Think I may visit the dealer myself tomorrow to find out what is going on. :(

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got it back today after nearly three weeks. Repairer has done a good job.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice to hear they done a good job :D Enjoy driving your "new" car ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Good news its all sorted.

Be thankful it was an Italian car...my local Abarth dealer waited 5months for somthing on back order...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Waiting for rear window after unable to fix rear de-mister ,second hand from a major car deals only hand the five days,I think they where aware of fault when they sold me the car ??. ANYONE had problems with bonnet release coming adrift from housing??

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pitbull64 said:
Waiting for rear window after unable to fix rear de-mister ,second hand from a major car deals only hand the five days,I think they where aware of fault when they sold me the car ??. ANYONE had problems with bonnet release coming adrift from housing??
Only had mine 5 months, so not opened the bonnet yet :lol:

·
Registered
133 Posts
The2ems said:
Pitbull64 said:
You do know you are supposed to check your fluid levels regularly!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I love how light the bonnet is on the Cactus - all my other cars have been big heavy things but this is a little light flap - lovely.

But its weird how the bonnet release is on the passenger side took me ages to find it first time as I was all over the drivers side were they normally are

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fixerman said:
The2ems said:
Pitbull64 said:
You do know you are supposed to check your fluid levels regularly!
Isn't that what warning lights are for?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mrsstuzilla said:
BristolRich said:
Good news its all sorted.

Be thankful it was an Italian car...my local Abarth dealer waited 5months for somthing on back order...
The cactus is French?
Built in Spain.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Think he meant ' be thankful it isn't Italian'

Crazy how parts for a car in current production can take weeks to arrive but you can go online and order parts for an MGB-GT, or a 60's Ford Mustang and it will arrive in a matter of days.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I was working, we used to supply power steering hose assemblies to Ford, Jaguar, Volvo, Saab. We often got orders for spares for new assemblies when the vehicles they were fitted to weren't even in production.

·
Registered
185 Posts
JohnYoung said:
But its weird how the bonnet release is on the passenger side took me ages to find it first time as I was all over the drivers side were they normally are
It's on the drivers side on mine ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
JohnC said:
JohnYoung said:
It's on the drivers side on mine ;)
Very funny! :lol: :x :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pitbull64 was a sleep in his kennel when he had to say Well spotted Claire X admin police. Pitbull64 straying again sorry could not resist , happy admln patroling. Funny think I knew what he was trying to say, don't think he will place any more posts, why can't you let someone say something with out jumping on mistakes. Sorry Claire x helpfull fixing admin not problems qwereys .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts