Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased the £6.99 update download for the Sat Nav and I've installed it but I've noticed there is no audio sound to alert to the camera if I am on the Navigation screen.

Also there is no speed displayed (only a red circle) does any one else have similar experience?

·
Registered
626 Posts
IIRC to be warned of specific speed camera locations in France is illegal since circa 2012. Specific location warnings are not permitted but 'Danger Zones' are...

Maybe the lack of audible warning is wrapped up in the legal complexities of this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the UK you can have warning systems and according to Citroen it should have a warning sounds.

Thanks for sharing info about France, very interesting.

Rob

·
Registered
626 Posts
Ahhh
robmcd85 said:
Thanks for sharing info about France, very interesting.
Its a bit of a muddle. AFAIK You are not permitted to have a specific warning at a specific location for a speed camera, but you can have a warning for an "area" where a camera (fixed or mobile) has been seen and warn you of it. I think the warning has to be of a "!" type and not "30/40/50" type... Barmy. :lol:

·
Registered
266 Posts
There is a beep on approach to the camera and a (different tone) beep after you are past it. However, it only covers fixed cameras, not mobile. It is also not very reliable - if you go along Duke Street in Glasgow near Tennants, the speed camera warning does not show in the direction it operates, But it does show in the opposite direction...

I don't think I will bother any more downloads, but stick to Cameralert for IOS.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hmmm maybe the maps need a bit more work and further updates.

TBH from the experiences of the C4 SATNAV I had way back I personally wasn't that fussed about having another. Back then the SATNAVs would not recognise UK Postcodes.... :oops:

If you are using iOS, the camera alerts on NAVFREE are reliable and the app itself is pretty good although Ive yet to find an app as reliable and accurate as a dedicated SATNAV.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for this guys. I am hearing the bleeps as written. I'll download the iPhone apps mentioned and which ones I prefer

Thanks for the help

Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts