Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have a problem with the speed limiter, but I want to ask other people's opinions/experiences, before going back to the dealer.
This is what happens. If I am going at eg.35mph, and set the limiter at 30mph, and turn it on, the car doesn't slow. I can even accelerate, gently, not pressing hard as it states in the hand book. Only when I purposely slow down below the programmed speed does the limiter operate.
Surely this can't be right :|

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, I don't really use the limiter hardly at all but I'm pretty sure that you do have to be below the set speed before it will limit the speed.

I suspect that while you are travelling faster than the set speed, the set speed figure in the left display will be flashing, to show you are exceeding it, once you reduce speed to below set speed, the set speed figure should stop flashing.

The same thing happens when accelerating past a speed set for cruise control, the set speed figure flashes and stops flashing when the speed returns to computer control. I hope I am right, as I say it's not something I have used much.

Cheers, Chris.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zippy said:
Hi, I don't really use the limiter hardly at all but I'm pretty sure that you do have to be below the set speed before it will limit the speed.

I suspect that while you are travelling faster than the set speed, the set speed figure in the left display will be flashing, to show you are exceeding it, once you reduce speed to below set speed, the set speed figure should stop flashing.

The same thing happens when accelerating past a speed set for cruise control, the set speed figure flashes and stops flashing when the speed returns to computer control. I hope I am right, as I say it's not something I have used much.

Cheers, Chris.
That's possible, but it's not clear in the book.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My limiter in my Picasso works in the same way. If you are already above he speed it won't slow you down. It will only hold you at the speed of you're below the limiter speed when it is set.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ferrarilover said:
My limiter in my Picasso works in the same way. If you are already above he speed it won't slow you down. It will only hold you at the speed of you're below the limiter speed when it is set.
Ok, cheers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Zippy said:

Cheers, Chris.
Yes I'm pretty sure that's what happens. I used it when we first got the car but don't bother any more. Don't like the feeling of not being able to accelerate.

G

·
Yes I'm pretty sure that's what happens. I used it when we first got the car but don't bother any more. Don't like the feeling of not being able to accelerate.
Claire I don't know if you are aware but a sharp push on the accelerator disables it. It did on my my old C4 anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.