Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Citroen has addressed the rear seat issue, can I assume that the base is the same. Also, is the split back going to use the same anchor/fixing, if this is the case I wonder what the chances are that you could just 'swap' the back out if you wanted that mod.

·
Registered
133 Posts
What do you mean? I am awaiting a new Cactus. Is there a change regarding the rear seat?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Err sorry, but don't you read the posts ?. Puzzled!

·
Registered
133 Posts
cactusjack said:
Err sorry, but don't you read the posts ?. Puzzled!
Give me a break! I had a quick look but couldn't see any reference apart from the above but then my wife says that I can never find anything. She reckons I suffer from " Fridge Blindness". :shock:

I spoke to my dealer today and he thinks the split rear seat is only going to be on a limited edition called the Flair Extra which is coming out in the new year. He claims that all the Cactus that he has sold lately do not have the split. ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah! That explains it, yeah I have same 'blindness' at times until I get jabbed in the neck by wifey, lol. All the older versions have the standard rear seat but apparently they changed spec to the split/fold for the Australian market. This appears to be now introduced here. As far as the dealers go, reading on here plus our own experience, none of them seem to have a clue. There is certainly no consistancy between them, one would assume if you walked into a garage and ordered a vehicle it would have what you wanted/ordered across the board. If you have time check out this forum it makes for interesting reading concerning inconsistancies
Having said that, we have been more than happy with our choice and had none of the probs some others have had. I think the best thing to do is check n double check your spec, we were very nearly caught out but managed to add the spec we wanted in time. All this because the dealer didn't really know what came as standard. Anyway enjoy your new Cactus when it arrives, and who knows you might just might get the new mods you didn't think you'd get. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I have a Flair model and it has the split 2+1 seats. Have used it already and works fine other than the seats don't lie completely flat.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My brand new Flair (16 plate) doesn't have the split seat. I think I read somewhere that ones ordered with the optional leather are getting the split seats plus production for countries where there's a legal requirement.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think its a case of being 'bothered' its just nice to have. Personaly I can't remember the last time I didn't have a split/fold rear seat, it'll be years ago. Good job Citroen didn't do away with electric windows, now that would definately 'bother' me lol.

·
Registered
735 Posts
They've done away with 'one touch' and 'power folding mirrors' :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
JohnYoung said:
I cannot understand why people are so bothered about a split rear seat. Is if something people use a lot ?
My Audi A2 used to be our main car and it has the optional rear bench seat (non-split 3 seater each with a 3-point belt) as opposed to the standard set-up which is two seats on a 50-50 split. When it was the two of us it was never an issue but when FB Junior arrived it heavily compromised the flexibility when loading up for a holiday, requiring a roof box for more bulky items

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
OK fair enough... We have two kids but not used the Cactus on a holiday yet. The last car we never dropped the back seats hardly ever and it had a cool lever design in the boot at either side which you just pulled from back there and your chosen seat flung down.... Really clever but I can think of maybe once when I used it but even then it was both seats

·
Registered
32 Posts
JohnYoung said:
I cannot understand why people are so bothered about a split rear seat. Is if something people use a lot ?
It turns out, yes. I didn't think it was a big deal until my first trip to Ikea. If you have to fold it down you lose three seats. Not good when you have two passengers with you and now only one passenger seat!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
VestanPance said:
JohnYoung said:
It turns out, yes. I didn't think it was a big deal until my first trip to Ikea. If you have to fold it down you lose three seats. Not good when you have two passengers with you and now only one passenger seat!
Yes I can see that being a problem

The last time we bought something big from Ikea we needed to fold the whole back seat down on our split rear seat Mazda 6 but we knew we would have to and bought it when the kids were still at school.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys, I'm sure uou must have known before you bought the cactus, it was a one piece rear seat, you have to remember, this car is all about, "saving weight"
Not having a split rear seat, saves 6 kg, then you have the rest, like no spare wheel, no electric rear windows, so no motors, no electronic hand brake, like the sister Peugeot 308. Aluminium bonnet, the list goes on. So there is no point moaning, if you want a split rear seat, don't buy a Cactus. If you do buy a Cactus, remember it's not perfect, just enjoy the pleasure of driving something different.
Tapernade 1.6 bluehdi feel, cheers. allan.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi John, my wife has Peugeot 308, 1.6 diesel, great car to drive, similar to Cactus on that aspect but no where as nice to look at, inside or out. Yes my wife hates the electronic hand brake, I don't know if Citroen c4 has a normal hand brake ? Seems to be getting popular on a lot of different cars. No I am happy to stick with Cactus.
One more thing, touch screen on 308 is same as on Cactus, but I hate 308 dashboard. .....

Tapernade colour. 1.6 bluehdi feel.

·
Registered
64 Posts
As has already been said the Cactus is all about weight saving, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this was the main design breif. Now obviously they had to make the decision of what to include and what to exclude and by doing that they can't make everybody happy.
Again obviously they could have offered a massive options list like some other vehicles but actually all owners pay for the options list to an extent because those parts have to be designed and developed and all that cost is passed on so this would impact the price point. And Citroen doesn't want to compromise the ethos of the car by letting people add loads of weight off of a options list do they? Similarly Citroen have stated they won't be making a "hot" version as it wouldn't be compatible with how the car has been engineered and again compromising the Cactus ethos.
So it's a case of embracing the ethos or looking elsewhere.

So back to the split rear seat, well for me it would be handy but it's no deal breaker, I'm quite happy to forego it and to embrace the Cactus ethos.

Also I can't see the two seat designs being interchangable, I'd expect the anchor points to be different.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes Mark, I have to agree with you , having no split rear seat, is not going to put most people off from buying this fine car. I quess you just can't please everybody, lol, I like to do a lot of fishing, and I carry my tackle in the back, I previously had a Dacia logan estate, with split rear seats, and it was good for carrying my rods, in sleeves, that are 5 ft long, how ever I just have to put the whole back seat down on my Cactus, I did measure to see if my rods would fit , before I bought the car.
Yes the split seat would have been better, but hey! I still bought it, and like it a lot. It's called compromise, no car is perfect. I'm sure most Cactus owners are going to love the car, and it's little faults, let's remember to enjoy being different.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I remember the Fiat Panda back in the 80's, 903cc, very minimal, the seats were nearly wire with foam, with a very austere aesthetic that would make the Cactus look like opulent luxury by comparison!
That I can sit in a car with stunning looks, modern, intelligent electronics, without compromising the stripped back ethos, is a testament to the designers of the Cactus.
this car has oodles of character, my son wants a model version of it, I doubt he'd be asking for one if I'd bought a Picasso or a C-Max!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts