Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to change 3rd LED lamp on Cactus 2015.
I Have a problem with removing the spoiler.
I've removed 6 nuts but there are still another 5 plastic elements (pins) which prevent removing the spoiler.
My question is: how to release those 5 plastic elements and not break the spoiler?
Thanks for any suggestion!
Rgds, Josip

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to remove the spoiler because I want to change faulty 3rd LED brake lamp which is in it.
The spoiler is not broken and I wan't to pull it off too much.
Do you mean there is some much easyer way to get out the LED?

·
Registered
29 Posts
No - I don't know an easier way but it says why you want to remove it, your picture gives more information than most of us have acces to. The last time I had to do this sort of trsk was on a C4 hatch and it involved removing a few screws and popping a few fasteners such as are shown on your picture., Incidentally my LED brake light wasnt faulty it was the connector wit some corrosion so maybe worth waggling all your connectors before a removal effort.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't know why your bothered about the third (central) hi level brake light. Not a mot failure. As long as both low level ones are operative. It's like some people worry about their reversing lights failing a mot. As they don't get checked (unlike other vehicle groups do) and have to have aural reminder also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lamp has 6 LED and 3 of them are faulty, so I want to have access to lamp to try connector waggling.
Yes, I agree it is not a big failure, but I like to have it ok.

·
Registered
228 Posts
josip said:
Lamp has 6 LED and 3 of them are faulty, so I want to have access to lamp to try connector waggling.
Yes, I agree it is not a big failure, but I like to have it ok.
So according to what I have read, you are OK for an MOT at present, but if one more LED goes it would fail an MOT. It's a bit of an anomaly, but if it isn't working at all and is disconnected then it can't fail, and a tester has to give the benefit of the doubt if it cannot be shown that it is connected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, understand lamp status regarding MOP.
Still don't want to simply pull off strongly and break it.
But one day I'll collect the courage :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts