Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Start-Stop kicks in when I stop the car to let a passenger leave the car. When the passenger opens the door, the engine starts again. This happens also if I loosen my seat-belt, before switching off ignition. Is this normal?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Seems to be normal. Many people find it odd and a bit irritating. For each journey the S/S can be disabled but resets itself to S/S mode the next time the car is started.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, yes this is normal for the Stop/Start mode. There are other times that the engine starts again, see page 95 of the owners manual.

Drivers door open
Drivers seat belt not fastened
The vehicle has not exceeded 6 mph since the last engine start by the driver
The engine is needed to maintain a comfortable temperature in the passenger compartment
Demisting is active
Some special conditions (battery charge, engine temperature, braking assistance, ambient temperature...) where the engine is needed to assure control of a system.

·
Registered
709 Posts
AkamasDiver said:
Hi, yes this is normal for the Stop/Start mode. There are other times that the engine starts again, see page 95 of the owners manual.

That page ref seems to be for the 2014 manual, for later manuals it could be p130 or p132 in later versions (or even something else).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ah, I have the pdf version, which is indeed the 2014 version.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Engine will restart also when you move the steering wheel. I use that often when the heat inside the car rises too much. A little push to the steering wheel and the A/C is on again.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The bonnet open is inside the passengers door jamb - the reason the car starts is a safety device so that you don't open your bonnet, get your hands deep into the engine to check something and the engine fires into action, just at the moment you realise your tie is caught in the alternator belt...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Primekart said:
Engine will restart also when you move the steering wheel. I use that often when the heat inside the car rises too much. A little push to the steering wheel and the A/C is on again.
I really like this, generally when turning right against oncoming traffic, waiting in D with the brake on and the S&S kicks in, when you see a gap in the traffic you can nudge the steering wheel before transferring from the brake to the accelerator. Obviously if the wait were longer than a few moments then N and handbrake would be called for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts