Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Cactus on Monday. Been driving it to work down motorway and also short distances around town, stuck in traffic at lights etc but the start stop has not kicked in once. The green eco regularly flashes up on the display but then disappears and the engine stays on.

Has this happened to anyone else or is there a problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Eco system only kicks in when there is minimal electronics engaged. When you have the central heating on or headlights etc it doesn't trip into Eco mode all the time.

There is a bit in the handbook about it. I'm sure it learns the way you drive as mine has gotten much much better in the past three months.

What options did you go for?

·
Registered
472 Posts
The reason I believe is to conserve battery, the same way that if you have heater on or ac full blast or anything else on all at the same time. The eco system does work if you've got minimal on to make sure there is no danger of flattening the battery. I hated it at first but now I use all the time, especially as its not wearing out the starter motor.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The start stop doesn't use the battery ;) posted an article here earlier about it but here is a quote

" The alternator can reverse its polarity, switching its function to become a generator and reclaiming energy that would otherwise be lost.

It stuffs the capacitors full of electricity that the alternator then piles back into the engine and restarts combustion in just 400 milliseconds. Once the engine is warm, the alternator takes care of all restarting duties. Like Mazda's system, the fuel savings are immediate when the engine cuts out."

·
Registered
28 Posts
My start stop function also doesn't work regularly, maybe only 5% of my total trips, start and stop worked., totally different than the test car.

I've tested driving in various condition, day/night, AC on/off, light on/off, display on/off, but doesnt make any difference.

The noticeable symptom is, when eco start-stop works, it will work continuously until I turn off the engine. Once I turn on the engine again, it won't work anymore.

I already went to the dealer for 2 times and they only do ECU parameter reset and ask me to monitor the condition, but so far nothing changed. Next monday i'll bring the car again to dealer to recheck again for the third time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts