Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a static electricity charge after driving. My wife and I both get it every time we drive our Cactus. Very strange!!.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That could be true - we don't get any and we have the leather interior - amazingly comfy seats though - feel more relaxed as soon as we sink in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to get this a lot on my old Peugeot 106, if you find you're getting shocks when closing the door after getting out then try holding the door frame as you exit the car. This has helped me reduce the shocks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is most disconcerting to read. It used to happen a lot on cars from the 80's and before. The solution in those days was to get earthing strips and attach them to the rear bumper. I recall seeing them most frequently on Skoda's and other cheap cars of the time. Is it happening on cars with leather & cloth mixed seats?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have leather/cloth seats and there is any kind of static electricity.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Topi said:
I have leather/cloth seats and there is any kind of static electricity.
Is that there isn't any or there is so much that it covers all types of static created electricity? I'm hoping that is simply a missing 'nt!

·
Registered
39 Posts
My English, sorry! I tried to say that I don't have static electricity. I have never had.

Here in Finland in winter when it is frozen air humidity can be very slow. And people wear winter clothes made of synthetic marerials. In this kind of circumstances static electricity is very common, but i have never had shocks with my Cactus.

·
Registered
41 Posts
No problems Topi - thanks for the quick reply and it's encouraging that you live in a world of frequent synthetics but have no shocks. I did a little work in Finland a few years ago and I know how cold it gets! I hope to go back someday and get myself another pesäpallo ball as I lost mine when it got whacked into the river Bulbourne.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my first shock today from the driver's door, and damn it was a big one!

I don't think this is acceptable at all.

Our previous 10 year old Citroen Picasso... maybe... no, not even then do I find this acceptable.

And I'm guessing there's no solution since the problem still exists?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nothing to do with the Cactus... It is a build up of static which is earthed when you get out of the car. It happened with my C4, my wife's old Aygo and her current VW... I now shut the drivers door using the window glass, which is non conductiing and avoids the problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome in Finland sjoiner! Our pesäpallo game season is just beginning.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I live in Glasgow in Scotland and I have never had any type of static shocks from my Cactus. Not sure if this is model specific? Or if it is down to weather, humidity, seat coverings?

I have the basic seats which came with my Flair, I didn't upgrade them.

Rob

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.