Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting for my Cactus Flair to arrive and figured Id prepare a bit by buying some memory sticks to fill with some "mad banging tunes" as my young son would say. Not sure if Carmen falls into the mad or banging bracket myself but...

Anyway, before I go buying memory sticks, does anyone know if there is a maximum size that the system will read? I know Ive had the problem before when buying memory for my MP3 player that there was a maximum size it would read.

Is there a particular sound format it needs to use?
Does the title and artist name need to be in a certain order / way round to be read on the screen?
I know I should have tested it at the dealers, but can someone confirm that android phones will interface with the dash tablet?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi Adrian

Believe that the advice is short file names with no special characters and as flat a directory structure as possible. The card must be FAT32 format and I believe may be limited to 32GB though have not tested.

Over the last few years I have moved away from Apple devices over to Android but still had an old large capacity iPod lurking in a drawer unused for some years, that works perfectly in the Cactus so have reinstalled iTunes and have a vast selection of music in the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine works fine with a 128gb memory stick. And on it I copied my iTunes folder from my pc. I did not need to make a flat structure. When first used it only sees the tunes in the first folder. But if one manually navigates to another folder than all the tunes are discovered. It does seem to have a limit of 4000 tunes.

Roly

·
Registered
7 Posts
160GB iPOD works fine with 18907 songs. 64GB FAT32 is recognized but only 4092 songs. If I add songs it still says 4092. Same limit with 32GB USB stick

·
Registered
1 Posts
ruairip said:
Hi Adrian

Believe that the advice is short file names with no special characters and as flat a directory structure as possible. The card must be FAT32 format and I believe may be limited to 32GB though have not tested.

Over the last few years I have moved away from Apple devices over to Android but still had an old large capacity iPod lurking in a drawer unused for some years, that works perfectly in the Cactus so have reinstalled iTunes and have a vast selection of music in the car.
Hi all,

Just a note, FAT32 supports up to 2TB maximum drive size, but cannot support file sizes above 5GB, so has plenty of scope for virtually any sizes USB Memory Stick

Sean Pettit
Senior Support Engineer at it-positive.co.uk

·
Registered
348 Posts
....and to think that some owners have moaned that there's no CD drive :)

As we have mobiles with unlimited data we just play from Deezer but each to their own.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Personally I think the stereo is more reliable if you are playing media from a device - Phone, iPod etc.

I have tried countless times to get the USB stick in the car to work which it does after a fashion however it still randomly skips through the tracks on the stick until it finds one in a format (they are all the same!) that IT decides it wants to play. :roll:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Neither have we - use USB all the time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't have a problem playing from USB either. I do have an issue with Bluetooth (now I've actually been able to get tracks to play that way!) With the volume on my phone and in the app at max, I still have to ramp up the volume on the car's system even though it's more than loud enough when coming out of the phone's speakers. Is this normal?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes that is normal - each input type has its own volume setting which is remembered by the system.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Col9370 said:
When using usb is there a shuffle function?
Yes but you have to enable it in (I think) media settings. By default it is greyed out.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I've used USB 3.0 sticks with no problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
BristolRich said:
Personally I think the stereo is more reliable if you are playing media from a device - Phone, iPod etc.

I have tried countless times to get the USB stick in the car to work which it does after a fashion however it still randomly skips through the tracks on the stick until it finds one in a format (they are all the same!) that IT decides it wants to play. :roll:
I have the same problem when using a USB drive it drives me crazy, Bluetooth streaming is fine but I'm unable to select different album's when using bluetooth.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Col9370 said:
When using usb is there a shuffle function?
Yes, press the left 'page' icon when you've got the audio screen up. Annoyingly you have to select this EVERY time you select the source...it defaults to non-shuffle. One of those quirks that becomes annoying!

·
Registered
268 Posts
noeledwards said:
BristolRich said:

I have the same problem when using a USB drive it drives me crazy, Bluetooth streaming is fine but I'm unable to select different album's when using bluetooth.
I can change albums when using usb. Not sure about Bluetooth, but I use playlists on my phone anyway...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use a 128 GB USB stick and transferred all of my CD's into a MP3 format (via itunes). I absolutly love the shuffle all function, as you can hear songs you have not heard for years, and if you don't want to listen to a particular song flip to the next one. Unfortunatly there is a serious issue here, as mentioned before, there appears to be a limit of 4000 songs for the shuffle all mode. If I use this mode of playing, it will shuffle all songs (by artist) from A-M, but will never play anything from M-Z. This is a really annoying problem. All of the songs are on the memory stick and all in the correct format. I can search for individual albums/artists and play them this way and they work fine, just not on shuffle all mode. I recently had my Cactus 1st service and asked about this issue, they appeared not to know anything about this, and they said the reason for this was that some of the songs were not formatted correctly. This is not the case as I said before if I search for the individual album, it is there and will play that way.

Perhaps there is a USB memory limit, that restricts higher memory capacity working correctly.

If anyone knows of a soulution to this I would love for them to respond .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts