Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got into my cactus yesterday, started it up only to have the engine fault warning displayed in the main screen with an audible sound, also the word stop in red above the digital speedo. I switched the car off but could hear a sound coming from the engine bay. on further investigation found it was the radiator fan which continued to operate for half an hour after the car had been switched off. considering the car was started from cold, I cant understand why this would happen. I restarted the car later that day and it was fine. anybody else had this happen? my car is the blue hdi flare with just over 19000 miles on the clock. :?

·
Registered
133 Posts
wil said:
got into my cactus yesterday, started it up only to have the engine fault warning displayed in the main screen with an audible sound, also the word stop in red above the digital speedo. I switched the car off but could hear a sound coming from the engine bay. on further investigation found it was the radiator fan which continued to operate for half an hour after the car had been switched off. considering the car was started from cold, I cant understand why this would happen. I restarted the car later that day and it was fine. anybody else had this happen? my car is the blue hdi flare with just over 19000 miles on the clock. :?
This is a known fault with Citroen engines. It can be very alarming especially if it happens when you are on the motorway. The symptoms you describe suggest that you are experiencing a false overheat warning. This is supported by having the radiator fan continuing to run on after switch off. Did you notice a red temperature warning light at the same time? You are unable to check the true temperature of course because you don't have a temperature gauge. You must take it to the dealer without delay because it will most likely recurr.

I have experienced it with my C3 Picasso which had a recall to change the temperature sensor.

This is the first report I have seen relating to the cactus.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice, didn't notice any temperature warnings but I will give the dealer a call to see what they say.

·
Registered
133 Posts
wil said:
thanks for the advice, didn't notice any temperature warnings but I will give the dealer a call to see what they say.
The "STOP" warning sign normally has another warning light to indicate the reason for the warning. The temperature warning light is a little red thermometer type indicator. You can see this warning light when you first turn on your ignition. It's on the row of lights at the top of the speedo beside the battery warning light. These lights only stay lit for a few seconds until you start your engine. With the shock of the stop sign and the audible beeping you may not have noticed the temperature light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts