Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just said hello in the intro section as our Cactus 1.6HDi Feel (manual g.box) arrived today.

Seem to have sorted out how to work everything apart from the Stop Start system.... it was specd but I'm worried it isn't fitted to this car.

On a trip around town for 20mins it didn't kick in once so looked in the handbook then checked the "tablet" where there should be a Stop Start ECO indicator with the ability to disengage the system. There is no ECO indicator on our screen.

Is there something daft I'm missing or perhaps a way for sure to see if Stop Start is fitted. Note we didn't have any lights on, or the aircon, or the fan, or the wipers... just the radio.

If not it will be an interesting chat to the dealer as it is specd on the order form!

Registered
Not got this?

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. The borders of our Trip Info section extend on the right side almost to the right side screen edge... no ECO/Stop Start "button" at all. Don't have park sensors either as a matter of interest.

Is that your screen?

Registered
Yes, first posted a few days ago when reached 3000. Happy with m.p.g. as my right foot is not unleaded :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Much appreciated... I reckon our car is missing the system. As I said above it's going to be an interesting chat with the dealer!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cactus4us I hope you don't mind I made a combined image of your screen on the left and ours on the right and have mailed it to the dealer for their comment... see image below... ours just hasn't got the system has it??

Attachments

Registered
Don't mind - us "Cactus something" must stick together ;)

Registered
I gotta a feeling you bought the wrong model, as far as I'm aware stop/start is on 82 etg or like mine the 110 manual. Both being petrol and yours is diesel :?:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well this has very quickly resolved via dipping into a can of worms!

From Feb build onwards Citroen have quietly dropped the stop/start system due safety concerns (I see there are amusing/frightening stories here on other threads of unexpected operation) and also concerns that the system was unable to make the emissions/fuel consumption improvements claimed in the brochure.

The dealers have admitted we should have been told before the car was delivered. For that error they've made satisfactory financial compensation.

So as we were happy with every other aspect of the car apart from the "missing" stop/start we're content with the outcome.

Registered
That's really odd because their website and literature still quotes S&S on compatible engines. Bummer :(

Also, do you have parking sensors? if so, where has the Parking Sensor button been moved to?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No parking sensors on ours, correctly not part of the build spec.

Yes the website still shows it as available and on initial contact this morning the dealer said "All Blue HDi 100 models have it fitted". It was only when they realised I wouldn't accept fobbing off that another guy phoned to explain it had been withdrawn from Feb.

The issues I mentioned about potential danger was from posts on here where a guy referred to it starting up unexpectedly in danger of attacking his garage door or a car in front at the petrol station queue. I think Citroen believe in such cases it is due to incorrect driver operation of the system but I guess the fact the system allows incorrect operation in itself is a potential danger.

Perhaps they'll quietly develop a software upgrade to make improvements and then bring it back in.

Registered
It will be interesting to see if it is removed from my Puretech 110 engine when I take delivery in July.

Registered
CactusJim said:
No parking sensors on ours, correctly not part of the build spec.

Yes the website still shows it as available and on initial contact this morning the dealer said "All Blue HDi 100 models have it fitted". It was only when they realised I wouldn't accept fobbing off that another guy phoned to explain it had been withdrawn from Feb.

The issues I mentioned about potential danger was from posts on here where a guy referred to it starting up unexpectedly in danger of attacking his garage door or a car in front at the petrol station queue. I think Citroen believe in such cases it is due to incorrect driver operation of the system but I guess the fact the system allows incorrect operation in itself is a potential danger.

Perhaps they'll quietly develop a software upgrade to make improvements and then bring it back in.
I don't get it, s/s kicks in when in neutral so how can it 'unexpectantly' go forward into garage doors or cars infront . ???

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know... I read it on here and there must be some combination of circumstances where Citroen believe it to be a risk or they'd not have pulled the system from this month's builds.

Registered
Got it on mine and I think it's got AI!
Held in queue of traffic for ages today and it kicked in as normal and turned the engine off. As the traffic started to move in front of me, without me touching anything, it kicked back in and the engine started and off we went. Thinking of renaming mine "Kit"

Registered
Nobbydog said:
Got it on mine and I think it's got AI!
Held in queue of traffic for ages today and it kicked in as normal and turned the engine off. As the traffic started to move in front of me, without me touching anything, it kicked back in and the engine started and off we went. Thinking of renaming mine

Without you touching 'anything' what, not even having to press the clutch n release ??

Registered
No I didn't touch the pedals. I wasn't paying attention to the queue of traffic and it was the engine starting that made me realise it was moving. Very strange! However whilst driving an Audi A4 last week that did the same as well as if it knew we were about to move off.
???
Can't see that being "dangerous " rather "ingenious" :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts