Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, please forgive my dumbness, but I've never had a stop/start car before and I'm not sure about how it actually works.

I noticed when reversing on my drive earlier, the car juddered a little when I came to a stop and then grumbled a little when I moved again, and presume that may have been it in action?

How does it work, as in, does it switch off when you come to a total stop without the brakes/clutch engaged?

Registered
Start/Stop is a popular topic and covered in several threads - suggest you use search facility ;)
Personally I leave it on permanently and try to remember all the ways it restarts :(

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cactus4us said:
Start/Stop is a popular topic and covered in several threads - suggest you use search facility ;)
Personally I leave it on permanently and try to remember all the ways it restarts :(
I tried searching before I posted but my search term was too loose apparently so no resukts came up :(

Registered
Loopyloo20 said:
Hello all, please forgive my dumbness, but I've never had a stop/start car before and I'm not sure about how it actually works.

I noticed when reversing on my drive earlier, the car juddered a little when I came to a stop and then grumbled a little when I moved again, and presume that may have been it in action?

How does it work, as in, does it switch off when you come to a total stop without the brakes/clutch engaged?
The start stop function (Eco Mode) will stop your engine when you come to a full stop with your brakes on and Re-Start as soon as put depress the clutch to move off. It works well and works fast. Under certain circumstances it wont work like if the car is not warmed up etc..... the onboard computer decides.

You can also stop it working temporarily by pressing the clutch when you stop like a junction where you know you are going to get out quick and you can disable it with the switch on the control screen but it will re-activate on the next car start.

I have used it a few times and it works well but there are times when I disable it like in slow crawling traffic where I don't want the engine re-starting constantly (call me old fashioned but I cannot see it doing it any good) or burning my clutch out by keeping it pressed to stop it stop-starting but that is just my opinion and others keep it on all the time

Registered
I've also noticed it starts up again if a door is opened or if you turn the steering wheel to a significant degree. Personally I leave it on all the time. Perhaps if I was city driving and constantly stopping and queuing I'd turn it off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts