Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get to the end of a journey and park the engine turns itself off. But then, when I un-clip my seatbelt it starts again. To stop this I have to turn it off at the key before unclipping my seatbelt. However, I always automatically undo the seatbelt first so it is very annoying. I don't understand the logic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I'm getting this annoying trait in my Cactus too....the way I'm dealing with it is to keep my foot on the brake or clutch (while in neutral) to stop it stop/stating. Its like you can't get to the key quick enough to turn off the engine before it restarts!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Once you adjust your parking routine it is not so bad I feel.

On my auto i go through the following sequence is

Stop, keep foot on brake, into neutral, handbrake on, turn off, foot off brake, seatbelt off.

You could fit undo seatbelt in any position I suppose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmm, well ... I haven´t thought, that this might a fault of the car. I see it like John and Luga.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think that this is normal and it is designed to protect the car and the driver.

If you stop the car and the start/system system stops the engine, the engine must start again, if you give the car a signal that you may leave the car and let the ignition on. If you would be able to leave the car and the engine would though be stopped by the start/stop, the car would start suddenly without the driver and go away. The engine can start automatically for example in the cold weather or if the car needs more electricity even if the engine is stopped and start/stop activated.

But now you give a signal to the car when you unclip your seatbelt or open the door that you may leave it. The car starts to remind you that "don't leave me alone unless you have been turned the ignition off by the key".

·
Registered
20 Posts
it clearly states in the manual that this will happen. Stop start is not designed to replace the key to turn the engine on and off. That would be dangerous.
In stop start mode opening the door or turning the steering wheel will also cause the engine to start. When you get to the end of your journey switch the engine off with the key then undo the seatbelt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts