Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange noise at 70mph
It is a high pitched noise.
not sure if it is a wind noise maybe windscreen wipers?

or a wheel bearing? seems to stop momentarily when going over a bump

i am going to take it the dealers as it is too annoying now.

just wondering if anyone knows waht it may be.

ignore the toddler whinging :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's wind noise, probably being caused by something small like a tiny gap or something sticking into the airflow around the car. I had a a car that would do it if the aerial on the roof was at a particular angle. I've seen talk about door seals on here, maybe a door gap needs an adjustment, or the wipers?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it is the wiper, though I haven't found a way to adjust it down yet apart from manually shoving it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have exactly the same, only at speeds around and above 70. It only happens when the wind gets up and seems to be buffeting the car. Do let me know if you solve it! I will be talking to my dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for solving a slight worry!

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard this noise for the first time today whilst travelling down the motorway at 70ish. I was confused about what it was until I remembéred about the post on here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the car a month now and that morse code sound is very annoying, it's just on the drivers door side and only on speeds above 68mph, I've started to stick pvc tape around the door seals to find out where it's coming from but so far no luck.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Check out previous posts on this matter and check the door seal reaches the indents as per photo. I think anymore than 2mm -3mm short of this indent appeared to be the problem before. If all ok then it could just be a new prob, check first, panic later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.
its the rubber strip on the door that does not fit with the rubber strip on the frame.. If you close the door you can probably see a hole between the 2 rubber strips... and that hole works as a whistle and makes the sound,
I have had the problem on both doors, but now its fixed by the dealer.
rgds

G

·
I think in the majority of cases that is the problem. Someone else mentioned on the forum they had that done a couple of months ago which was successful.
"After investigating he found out that there were some kind of problem with the rubber from the doors (I don't know hoy to explain in English). An issue with the adjustment between doors and rubbers. Citroen changed the parts and problem was solved, no more sounds."
Hopefully that's also the case for everyone else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
adfos said:
I have a strange noise at 70mph
It is a high pitched noise.
not sure if it is a wind noise maybe windscreen wipers?

or a wheel bearing? seems to stop momentarily when going over a bump

i am going to take it the dealers as it is too annoying now.

just wondering if anyone knows waht it may be.

ignore the toddler whinging :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's the doorlists the sound comes from, in few cases it's the roof rails ..Citroen knows about problem, and has a solution. Have had the same problem and they fixed it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Think it's been mentioned before. Check under the bonnet, both sides under the windscreen. Plastic ducting and grills, leafs in there can act as reeds and cause a whistling. Clean them regularly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've just had my 2nd year service, reported this issue and await "a part" to fix it (under warranty). Will post pictures of the fix in due course.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pictures of The Fix are on sister thread of "whistling noise" all done under warranty for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts