Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've had my new cactus for 36 hours and ever since my first drive I've noticed a strange sound. When lifting the clutch and pulling away the car feels like it's juddering and things in the cab seem to judder also. Now I've been driving a good 30 plus years and have never owned a new car. It just seems excessively noisy. Is this just bedding in or could it be a problem ?

Tony

·
Registered
128 Posts
We've had our manual Cactus for a couple of months now and from the first drive the clutch has been really smooth and quiet. I think you should take a trip back to the dealer and get it looked at.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Stevie, took your advice and went to my local citroen dealer. Mech took it out with me for a test and agreed it was juddering slightly but he said have I ever driven a 1.2 low end 3 cylinder engine before ? Nay said I , only 4 cylinder 2 liter jobs. Ahhhh he said. You're the 4th customer in 3 weeks who thought they had a clutch problem with the cactus and also ds3!!!!! No fault found and just need to get used to engine type he said. He said the juddering would eventually disappear the more I get used to it and anywhere between 4 and 6000 miles. I'm still not convinced but I suppose time will tell :)

Tony

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd never driven a 3 cylinder before this either. I'm not a mechanic but surely regardless of engine type the clutch shouldn't judder?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it makes a strange noise. I have a few mech friends and will get a non biased 2nd opinion I think. Will let you know.

Tony

·
Registered
644 Posts
Sounds like he doesn't know what the problem is either and is fobbing you off. Keep going back until you get a satisfactory outcome I reckon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Juddering clutch is normally a sign of it being contaminated, worn, or requiring adjustment/repair.

Some of the renault master vans i use in work judder terribly in lower gears, one feels like its going to shake itself to death in reverse, but there old work horses on moon miles, i wouldn't expect a new car/van to do this regardless of engine size or type.

Keep at it until you have a proper solution, biggest issue these days with mechanics is they dont have a clue about actual mechanics, if the onboard diagnostics computer doesn't show a problem then they dont have the old school diagnostic skills to find or fix the issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.