Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there has anyone managed to connect to the Internet/web browser by using their iPhone? I've tried but not managed so far. Please give me a shout if you have had success or know anything about Bluetooth DUN settings? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yup...did it,but soooo slow! Citroen.fr website came(guess that's the default) up and after 4-5mins it still hadn't loaded all the info (and I have 4G) when I tried google computer said no!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I and I am sure other Cactus owners would appreciate a detailed step by step guide as how to get internet access. I purchased a 3G Data stick but the Cactus seems to ignore that. I could not gain access via an iPhone either so a help guide would be appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll have to retrace my steps as was stuck in a carpark for half hour while a delivery lorry unloaded, so decided to make use of the time getting to know what attached the touch screen buttons do! Lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought you needed the Citroën dongle thing to connect or is that just them trying to flog something dont really need?

·
Registered
266 Posts
You have to go into one of the phone menus to allow connection by bluetooth - there is a check box for it. I think it only works while the car is stationary with the engine off... However, having managed to get the browser to work via my iPhone 6 (4G) the connection was so slow as to render it useless. It was no faster via 4G than it was on my old phone with 3G.

It is very unlikely that a USB Data stick will work as it will probably not interface with the on-board 'tablet'

If I want a bigger screen than the iPhone, I now carry my iPad - 3G connected.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Couldn't have put it better Dadioglasgow, you got to the same conclusion as me! Guess mobile surfing will be done on my phone... Screen mirroring could be a good hack though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just out of curiosity, could anyone provide a step by step guide to set up the internet via iPhone? Thank you

·
Registered
266 Posts
Pair phone to tablet - Step by step

Check your Mobile contract allows tethering…

If so:

Make sure engine is not running...

Click on phone symbol on tablet surround (bottom right

Click on red box with arrow

Click on Bluetooth Connection

Click on magnifier symbol (bottom right)

Check all three boxes

Click on star/circle icon

Click on red box

Click on Internet browser

Go and make a cup of coffee while first page loads

Give up any idea of using it for real....

Go back to using a phone or iPad to browse the web...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, that was really helpful! I got it working but as you said, the browser was soooo sloooooow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried to connect a laptop via the usb port?

Question - can you then access the Jukebox and organise music into folders to save wading through pages of albums?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sooo I guess my attempt of getting the Web browser to work is futile. Bern loading for 5 minutes now without getting anywhere.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The question is, will it be any faster with the Citoen dongle?

Anyone actually bought/got one?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've just caught up with this thread. I was looking at the connection page while stuck in a traffic jam. I now gather I have to enable 'personal hotspot' on the iPhone - but also it seems that it's so slow it's not worth bothering with. Such a shame. I'd really like to have the car on the interwebs :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well, I have to agree. Far too slow. In fact I never saw the page load. Gave up after five minutes before I ran out of data allowance!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts