Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picked up my Cactus yesterday from the dealership. Because of Australia's (East Coast) geography, the closest Citroen dealership to where I live is 250 km (155mi) away. So I got to sample the Cactai's cruising ability from the moment I picked it up. The car now has 500 km on the clock and I have averaged 4.8L/100km (59mpg), most of which has open highway driving. I don't mess around when covering long distances (120-125km/h), so I am extremely happy with the brand new engine achieving that kind of mileage.
We are having some wild weather here today (torrential rain and 120km/h winds) and driving to work this morning I am extremely impressed with how it handles these conditions for such a light vehicle.

The good things I've noticed:
- Seat comfort and driving possition- I'm 6ft and quite broad; I managed to get very comfortable even without rake adjustment for the steering column (I must be part ape)
- Cruise control- maintains speed on inclines and declines.
- Navigation system (even though I didn't need to use it) ((Citroen have even used an Aussie voice for commands- LOL))
- Vision is great all round
- Diesel engine is so quiet and refined! (for now anyway)
- Obviously the fuel efficiency
- The rarity of the car in Australia. I have only ever seen one other Cactus on the road in Australia. (so far anyway)

The not so good things I've noticed:
- Audio system sound reproduction out of the 6 speaker set up; I have my Ipod plugged into the system and it seems a bit tinny and flat.
- Reversing at night. The reverse light isn't very bright at all, but thank god for the rear camera.
- It only has one cup holder the size of a thimble.
- I'm not sure if I'm alone in this, but the seatbelt buckle on the passenger side belt doesn't have a clip to hold the buckle in place, so it slides all the way down to the floor. The driver's side belt has a retention clip that slides up and down the belt, which stops the buckle from sliding all the way down beside the seat. I don't know if this is just a factory oversight or Citroen going to extremes saving weight?

Overall, I'm absolutely in love with the car!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Its A Great Car. Enjoy. I have a 1.6HDI SS Blue Flair Edition Artic Steel with Black Air Bumps. This is my sixth Citroen from new.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have a .look at the audio settings under the general settings menu, the six speaker system can sound quite good.

We thought we had the same problem with the seatbelt but it was just that the retaining clip had slid all the way down so worth checking.

Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
253 Posts
There are clips to hold the seatbelt buckle on all seatbelts. It must have slipped down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, had the same with the seatbelt clip recently. As above, it had just nipped down to have a closer look at the floor. Just slid it back up, no worries.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Out seatbelt clip is always on the move too. If there isn't one better get that dealer to post you one to save the mammoth round trip!

Re the stereo - make sure you have loudness on. Makes all the difference!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,

Thank you for your welcomes and replies.

I did have quite a close look at the retaining clip before posting it and it seems my car must have been a Friday afternoon car. The clip is just not there. Will talk to the dealer about it. I'm up to 900km now and the first inspection is due at 2,500km, so I'll get them to pop it in when it's at the dealer.

I have played around with the audio settings a bit more, and have found a better sound quality. Coming out of a vehicle with Harman Kardon audio, so I noticed an obvious difference, however, there is also and obvious price difference between the two cars.

I am so happy with the car!

PS: Have already had two people come up to me and ask if I am an engineer for Citroen and testing a concept car out.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Welcome......

Love that about people asking you if you work for Citroen.... :)

You should have looked confused and asked what year it was .....as you are from the future

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JohnYoung said:
Welcome......

Love that about people asking you if you work for Citroen.... :)

You should have looked confused and asked what year it was .....as you are from the future
Bahahahahaha!!!! I'm going to do just that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts