Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As with many new cars the horn on the Cactus is a single tone "PARP". I am confident if I could get to it I could make it a melodious twin note horn.

Question ( and it is probably too early to ask) does anyone know how to gain access to the horn. It looks as if one of the front panels have to be removed to reveal its location. It sounds as if it is forward of the Radiator so you cannot get to it from the engine bay

·
Administrator
196 Posts
Maybe its more accessible from underneath but I have to admit I've not stuck my head under there yet!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have got as far as locating it... now how to get there ! It is behind the front grille on the drivers side RHD model. I cannot get to it from the top . The RH headlamp surround has a section to prise away but that only reveals a tube which goes back to ..who knows where...... If the front bumper came away easily that could be an access point also the grille with the number plate must come away but how????? Also if I could intercept the wiring somewhere convenient.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was able to see the wiring which was white (heavy cable) and green yellow and was able to trace the loom back and intercept it. Have added a high note horn which makes the sound pleasanter yet still quite french. It has probably invalidated the warranty and precluded me from ever owning a Citroen again. But at least the horn sounds mellower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.