Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having to wait 6 weeks is bad enough, but actually I was expecting to wait for 3 - 4 weeks more.

Then suddenly today the phone rang and it was my car dealer; "Your car has arrived from the factory!"

BIG SMILE!

Now I will deliver my electronic parking clock to the dealer tomorrow, so they can mount the cables and also the cables for my Tomtom.
They will also mount the trailer hook and other stuff.

So next thursday will be the first christmas eve this year :)

Also, I just ordered the white vinyl for wrapping my trailer, so I will have the same colours and look as my white/black Cactus. Awesome!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is this product and it is definetely some of the best money I have ever used on car accessories.
I've had P-Watch for many years since the first edition. Now I have bought a white one with black edges so it fits snugly to the Cactus :)

The Flair can be bought with sat-nav for approx. GBP 1200 extra (DK prices) and it is no way near as good as my Tomtom 6100. I've had many different GPS units throughout the years and no unit comes even close to this Tomtom I have now. One of the greatest features is the built in SIM card that is allways online to Tomtom servers, and is super accurate on calculating the ETA, based on other cars with Tomtom units. I allways see the official road signs saying ETA based on "old" data, so when a cue lines up in the rush hour, Tomtom is calculating on fresh data all the time. And this is just one out of many fine features.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Still not sure what the clock is :?

Yeah Tom Toms are good but I also think the Sat-Nav in the car is good to. We have used ours a few times now and on one occasion recently our family who live in Bath told us we would need a map as no sat-nav gets anyone to their door - Ours did no problem :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
Parking clocks are common in Europe. You set the time of your arrival, then local signage notifies you of the free period of parking after which you are fined or pay additional parking fees.

@Nickk - Free parking and a system based on trust are both alien concepts here in the UK!

·
Registered
262 Posts
BristolRich said:
Parking clocks are common in Europe. You set the time of your arrival, then local signage notifies you of the free period of parking after which you are fined or pay additional parking fees.

@Nickk - Free parking and a system based on trust are both alien concepts here in the UK!
By free I assume you mean finding a parking space that is available on any high street? Would not mind paying for one and supporting local businesses were that possible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JohnYoung said:
Yeah Tom Toms are good but I also think the Sat-Nav in the car is good to. We have used ours a few times now and on one occasion recently our family who live in Bath told us we would need a map as no sat-nav gets anyone to their door - Ours did no problem :D
For GBP 1200 extra it has to turn water into beer at 80 mph to justify the high cost...

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
NickKK said:
JohnYoung said:
For GBP 1200 extra it has to turn water into beer at 80 mph to justify the high cost...
Yep totally agree..... We were lucky we got the top spec for mid range price so nothing extra for us so all good

·
Registered
626 Posts
ruairip said:
By free I assume you mean finding a parking space that is available on any high street? Would not mind paying for one and supporting local businesses were that possible.
Quite possibly... A family member of mine used to own a shop on one of the longest, totally independent highstreets in the country. The shop was successful for decades until the city council decided with its informed wisdom to remove all of the free on street parking over the majority of the length of the road and replace it with a camera monitored bus lane. The shop lasted three years then it closed. :(

·
Registered
348 Posts
Even with the great built-in sat-nav on our Flair my daughter prefers to use her iphone for navigation. It's what she's used to and with 3G/4G always online as well. I'm old-skool. I still look at a map (albeit on my PC) before heading off somewhere new so I mentally have an idea where I should be heading and if there's a better (for me) route. I even like to use street view to see what the road/house or whatever looks like so I can know what to look for as I 'reach my destination'.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not just a clock. It receives the time signals from Frankfurt and somewhere in the UK. When ignition is OFF it sets the time for nearest 15 minutes (that is 00, 15, 30 or 45 past f.ex. 14 o'clock).

·
Registered
265 Posts
NickKK said:
It's not just a clock. It receives the time signals from Frankfurt and somewhere in the UK. When ignition is OFF it sets the time for nearest 15 minutes (that is 00, 15, 30 or 45 past f.ex. 14 o'clock).
I'm completely confused as to why this is of use. I guess its for parking meters but why 15 minute intervals? Is it so the Traffic Warden can see when you parked or is it for you to see when to come back to the car - but doesn't it stay in the car?

If I park on a meter I usually set an alarm on my phone to tell me when my time is expired.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In Denmark the rules are this:
When you arrive at a parking space with time limit (most parking spaces in the cities...), you should set a parking clock to show the arrival time set to the nearest 15 minutes interval.

Many people sometimes forget to set the parking clock.
Most people use something like this: https://www.q8.dk/produkter/bilprodukter/tilbehor/parkeringsskive-selvklaebende/, and that's why I am so fond of my electronic P-watch. I never forget to set it, as it does it automatically :)

Until now, I am sure it has saved a bunch of parking tickets.

·
Registered
62 Posts
In the villages and towns local to me in Sussex we have manual parking discs, on which we set the arrival time to be displayed on the dashboard. Two hours' parking are free. I can understand the clock but not sure why it needs to be electronic!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Because you don't have to set it!
I just leave my car and the clock on the parking disc is set automatically.

·
Registered
62 Posts
NickKK said:
Ahh, OK. Does it start timing automatically when the car stops moving? That's clever! :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SiliconS said:
NickKK said:
Ahh, OK. Does it start timing automatically when the car stops moving? That's clever! :)
Ehh... no, it STOPS - that's the whole idea :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

So I managed to snap a photo of my new BFF :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts