Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am reversing at night, it seems as though the back lights are not bright enough as I can't see a thing in the rear-view mirror. Am I missing something?

·
Administrator
196 Posts
I think they sometimes pop up on ebay too. I wasnt sure of the spec on the cactus but I've done it with previous cars before. And also put the wrong ones in and ended up with dash lights on all over the place. :oops:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried with some cheap LED lights from the local Chinese shop, and no error lights pop out! The only problem is that the bulb only has 7 smd leds, and the light isn't strong enough! I have to find a bulb with more power... But at least, no error lights!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks - yes I agree Rooster, surprising that it wasn't checked during production. Impossible to see when reversing at night - I feel like I'm going to bump into something!

·
Registered
316 Posts
A Ring 4200K X 2 is the best you can get to be fitted in the number plate lights. They last a long time so you can pass them to your next car. Available in most car accessories shops or order online.

·
Registered
316 Posts
On Amazon. Ring Automotive. TAIL LIGHT 2825CBI - 02B 4200K 5 Watts. I hope that the information contained is good for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sorry to be a killjoy amongst all of this... :lol:

Your reversing lights are not supposed to provide illumination into the area you are reversing. They are simply a warning light to others that you are about to reverse. For that reason the lights are designed with this in mind. "Technically" you could fail an MOT by having a bright bulb fitted. :cry:

·
Registered
52 Posts
BristolRich said:

Your reversing lights are not supposed to provide illumination into the area you are reversing. They are simply a warning light to others that you are about to reverse. For that reason the lights are designed with this in mind. "Technically" you could fail an MOT by having a bright bulb fitted. :cry:
Correct me if I am wrong but the reversing light is not a part of the mot. U may fail if it is permently on. But not if u have a brighter one

·
Registered
116 Posts
Azreal1983 said:
BristolRich said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the reversing light is not a part of the mot. U may fail if it is permently on. But not if u have a brighter one
Hmmmm....there's an interesting one for debate :D
As a driving instructor (waiting for my Cactus mid-Sept) I'm keen that my pupils don't start relying on the camera for reversing...I wonder if new owners are thinking too much about how good the view is with the camera at night? My DS3 doesn't give a huge amount of illumination at the back when it's dark, but I've not really thought of it as a problem. I guess when the new car arrives all will become clear....( or not as the case may be) ;)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts