Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plugged in one of my usb sticks and the folder came up and did not play but it has locked the screen. All icons are illuminated but cannot select any other screen, stuck on the usb folder. Have tried switching on and off screen, running engine, another stick but it remains solid at the folder. Cannot change air con etc. Anybody got and ideas of a quick fix or is it a Citroen garage needed?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Maybe leave it a bit and then try again? I guess it must reboot every time the engine is switched on so worth a try. If not then might need plugging in at a Citroen garage.

·
Registered
709 Posts
This sounds a bit of a catastrophe.
Depending on what is on the USB stick, the firmware update procedure might have attempted to initiate and then stalled.

Its not clear to me if you done the following :
1 turn off ignition,
2 remove the usb stick
3 wait 5 minutes (my guess) to give time for any software recovery routines to clear
4 turn on the ignition.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've noticed since yesterday that the screen is suddenly more 'laggy'...for instance, in any screen pressing the button on the end of the wiper stalk normally enables you to 'toggle' through the trip computer screens (trip 1, trip 2, current figures) You can still do this, but now the screen briefly goes back to the previous screen in between toggling through. Also, it's just not as snappy anymore. I want to update the firmware, as although I specifically asked the dealer to do this on the last service it wasn't... :evil: I have the file downloaded, but have cold feet about installing it in case it all goes bad... :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take off the positive side to the battery wait 5 secs and replace the lead, this will reboot it. Easy peasy..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts