Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if others have seen this, but I'm on the verge of taking my Cactus in to try and persuade the dealer to replace the touch screen.
Of late with the warmer weather it seems to have become even flakier than usual. I press in one place and a button is activated several inches away or just ignored. I've tried cleaning the screen, rebooting etc but no improvement. It almost feels like it needs calibrated, but I'm assuming thats only done
once at manufacture.

I've read of people managing to get Citroen to replace the screen so it seems like worth a shot.
Anyone else seen this?

Dave

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ive not had this problem. Definitely worth going back to the dealer. I assume your Cactus is still under warranty.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think that I saw in the system settings a calibration option. Did you try it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ran said:
I don't remember seeing it as an option, I'll take another look thanks.
I did go through the cheat code list that was published and as far as I could tell there was nothing there.

Its now booked in to the dealer tomorrow, but I checked and any replacement screen needs ordered in from France.

Dave

·
Registered
725 Posts
ferrisimo said:
ran said:
I did go through the cheat code list that was published and as far as I could tell there was nothing there.

Its now booked in to the dealer tomorrow, but I checked and any replacement screen needs ordered in from France.

Dave
What is the cheat code?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The2ems said:
ferrisimo said:
ran said:

Dave
What is the cheat code?
There is a thread on them here.....
http://www.cactusforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=640&p=5359&hilit=cheat#p5359

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update. Screens being replaced by the dealer after a very time consuming diagnostic check.
Screens take 5-10 days to get in and 2hrs to fit, so hopefully the weather stays warm as the aircon is pretty much stuck on 19C.

The screen showed problems in cold weather not long after I got the car in November, but it always got better as it warmed up.
Now its just unusably bad.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else sees problems where they press one icon and another is activated elsewhere on the screen.
It looks like a digitiser problem. I think whatever diagnostics the dealer can access measures this as the invoice mentions "not meeting set values when pressed.

Dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine is not unusable - just very slow. Going from screen to screen is definitely laggy in the last 10 days. :?: I'm planning to try the firmware update at the weekend to see if that helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My screen has finally been replaced under warranty and seems to be working fine. It took over a month to get in via the manufacturers in Italy.
None of the firmware versions changed so it must have been only the screen itself that got replaced.

Its a bit of a relief to be able to access the screen again after all this time.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts