Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First time poster here having picked up my nearly new Cactus 1.2 Feel from Motorpoint last week.

Having problems with a couple of things (only technical). Firstly the trip computer doesn't reset. Even with a factory reset it still comes up with some old trips.

Secondly the Bluetooth is not picking up my phone (or indeed anyone else's).

Any suggestions? I'm not going to take it to Motorpoint as they wouldn't know what to do with it -- does the warranty include the computer by any chance if I took it to a Citroen dealer?

·
Registered
328 Posts
sirphil1985 said:
Hi all,

First time poster here having picked up my nearly new Cactus 1.2 Feel from Motorpoint last week.

Having problems with a couple of things (only technical). Firstly the trip computer doesn't reset. Even with a factory reset it still comes up with some old trips.

Any suggestions? I'm not going to take it to Motorpoint as they wouldn't know what to do with it -- does the warranty include the computer by any chance if I took it to a Citroen dealer?
On either of two info pages, hold down the reset button at the bottom for a few seconds and it will reset.

The dealer had a job connecting my iphone to the car, but it connected after a few attempts and has stayed connected ever since.

·
Registered
472 Posts
sirphil1985 said:
Hi all,

It does say 'compatable' with regards to phone connection, what phone are you trying with, certainly no probs with Samsung. Once its paired as long as you put blutooth on your phone the car will pick it up when you get in. Welcome by the way ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, re. trip computer - held down for a few seconds and job done: not sure why I didn't try that (I promise I'm not normally a technophobe...).

Phone is Motorola, Moto G. I'll try my wife's again and see what's up.

Thanks for welcome: enjoying driving the cactus so far!

·
Registered
626 Posts
sirphil1985 said:
Hi all,
If holding down the reset button on the screen doesnt work, you can also reset the selected on screen trip by holding down the button on the end of the right hand control column stalk. Be aware there are three views within the trip screen - Trip A, Trip B and Instantanious Read Out. Only A and B can be reset.

sirphil1985 said:
Keep with it as it can be a bit tempermental. I cant remember if you need the ignition turned to "ON" when trying to pair the phone....for some reason I think you do. (Certainly did on my old C4)

sirphil1985 said:
does the warranty include the computer by any chance if I took it to a Citroen dealer?
Yes, regardless where you bought it, the warranty is transferable for the life of the warranty...assuming servicing and maintainance has been conducted in accordance with the Citroen schedule.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yeah I remember they kept it running on handover and paired my phone. Then changed phone and again had it ticking over and paired straight away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hm. Mystery not solved then I guess!

Perhaps I need to do a reset on the phone, as the car is picking up other bluetooths fine.

Thanks for reply.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts