Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So received my Cactus Flair Blue 100 Hdi yesterday on the back of a low loader with only 8 miles on the clock. After driving and parking I restarted and got a Tyre under-inflation monitoring system fault. Spoke to my Citroen lease dealer and he informed me to reset via the control panel which I did . drove another 15 miles and parked up and it came back again. Both of the times I parked on Gravel/stone drive when the fault occurred. Has anyone else had the same thing? All tyres and pressures are correct. I will have to take back to the dealer if it persists.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had it happen twice the first couple of days, but not since... Dealer said it can take a while to learn the 'pressures' as it's to do with the circumference of the wheel?! Huh?! Whatever ithe hasn't done it again since!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,
Well, I have had 2 punctures with mine so far! The first puncture was alerted to me by the TPMS which came up whilst driving. I stopped and did a quick visual check and all looked well. Each time I restarted the car, the main touch screen display alerted me to the error and I had the 'Service' icon along with the tyre symbol on the main instrument display.
When I checked the actual tyre pressures, I found one was about 10psi down so I inspected the tyre to find a screw in the tread. After a repair I reset and all was well. So I thought what a great system quite sensitive and alerted me to something that I may otherwise have missed!!

My second puncture was noted whilst parked so the TPMS did not activate for that event, however I did reset the system after the tyre was repaired.

Yesterday my wife called me to say that the TPMS message and warning lights cam on as she started the car up but she had not noticed the message on the previous journey. I guided her to checking the tyre pressures and all was well with no drastic variations. When I checked the car yesterday evening, there was no warning message or error on the instrument panel on start up, so I re-checked the pressures and reset the TPMS via the touch screen.
It has been fine this morning on a 15 mile trip. I will see what happens on my way home. The only thing I have considered is that outside temperatures have risen here over the last few days and with the car parked having the sun on one side, maybe this has caused too much variation in pressure for the system to cope with. perhaps there may be a software update to widen the parameters for variation in pressures? I was under the impression that the system works on the ABS wheel speed sensors rather than actual pressure sensors in the tyre valves, so I can't see why the system would show a fault on start up unless a variation had occurred on the previous drive cycle.

Lets see what happens over the next few days and see if anyone else has been getting TPMS error messages?

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, so no warning message on my way home and no phone call from my wife today so I assume everything is fine with the tyre pressure monitor system.
Having had a look at the other 2 postings and having taken the opportunity to read the good old hand book, I think that the reason the system showed errors may be due to the self learning not having seen sufficient distance in a straight line at a set speed. When I reset my system at the weekend, the car only did short journeys on local roads and probably did not exceed 35 to 40 mph or so. Most of the roads do not allow the vehicle to be driven with the steering in the central position for too long so the wheel speed signals sent will be changing as the vehicle is constantly cornering to some degree.
My journey yesterday involved a bit of increased speed and sections of road which are relatively straight so I assume the system will have recognized the wheel speeds and allowed the system to correctly adapt the relevant tyre pressures for the rolling circumference of the tyre.

In a couple of weeks I will try to reset the tyre system at a time when I know the car will be used on local roads at lower speeds and I will see if the system flags errors again! - Watch this space!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spoke too soon, Light came back on after about 50 miles of varied driving.

Booked it in for dealer to have a look at, there appears to be possible software updates available so no doubt they will try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Again,
What the handbook does not make clear is that once the system has been reset, the vehicle needs to be driven a set distance above a set speed straight away.

I now realise that when I had the first puncture repaired at the tyre repairer, I reset the system and drove the car about 15 miles including some motorway use. With the second repair, I took the wheel off the car for repair and after I refitted the wheel I reset the system but did not drive the car on the road for a day or so and the journeys were all on local roads at lower speed, consequently the system could not recognise the wheel speeds accurately enough to calibrate the tyre pressure monitor system.

My local dealer was very helpful and they reset the system, checked it for faults on the diagnostic system and gave the car a once over as well. They explained that they do get issues from time to time, when the vehicle has not been driven a sufficient distance at a minimum speed after the system has been reset.

So in this instance it looks like user error rather than a fault with the car, possibly the other two cases were similar as I recall both forum members had issues soon after taking delivery of the vehicle?

Hope this helps

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there
I got my new cactus last Monday. By Wed morning I had this light come on coincidentally as I was in the dealership for another issue. The guy there told me they were going to check the tyres as when he started it he saw this light. I didn't know what he meant as the light wasn't on when I parked up.
Anyway they reset the system and all was well until today when light came on again, about 50km later. Tyres seem ok and I will check pressure in the morning. I am planning a drive down the country tomorrow, and having read your post, I think I will pull over from motorway, check pressure and then do a straight stretch of road. The last couple of days my driving has been very stop start urban stuff so maybe the motorway will help set the system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did 600km on motorway and light hasn't returned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi my light comes on I have checked pressure's and have tried to reset but light stays on .Any ideas. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
265 Posts
Had my Cactus 2 years and the TPMS went off once when I actually did have a flat, however I didnt stop soon enough to save the tyre.

Then last week I was driving home and the TMPS came on. I stopped, checked and all was okay, so I reset it and drove on and it came on again before I got home. I checked the tyres again - only visually - and they all seem okay, so Im thinking maybe the heatwave we're having in the UK has an effect on the pressure in the tyres.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The warning system comes on as soon as I start the car but the system won't reset and I am stuck as to how to fix it

·
Registered
3 Posts
How to get rid of the tyre under inflated icon :

1 Inflate all tyres to desired pressure
2 switch ignition on but do not start engine
3 go into menu and reset tpms

Wait few seconds then switch ignition off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the Anti skid light in the central dash (next to hazard warning switch) and also the tyre light, service light, and Anti skid light on the dash screen also illuminate, when the tyre pressures are low? Mine came on this morning and the car lit up like a Christmas tree and it tripped off the cruise control. Frightened me to death and also all tyres look ok at first glance.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No, only the icon and a screen warning, which disappears then reappears on a regular cycle. It may be that you have an issue with your ABS system as the tyre pressure monitoring system takes its information from the ABS sensors. If in warranty, I would suggest a visit to the agent.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Tried the tyre pressure re-initialise method to get rid of the warnings but that's not doing anything. Also getting warnings for ABS and Hill start assist. Can all these be linked to one component? Ive not tried tyre pressures as yet. Its cold and damp this morning so not sure if that's putting gremlins in the system?

·
Registered
228 Posts
It could be an ABS sensor fault. I had that on a C3, in this case the car was too early to be fitted with a pressure warning, but I had other warnings, including, iirc, the ABS fault. It could also be one of the ABS rotors..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had the tyre under inflation symbol come on 3 times in the last 5 months-twice with the word "service".Took it to a garage locally who put the car on a diagnostic machine and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The vehicle (cactus deisal 1599 cc) is out of warranty. I changed the tyres in March 19 to Hancook all weather tyres. Same size as the previous Michelins. Wonder if that's the problem? Seems to come on if been in the garage for a week or so??????? Can any nice person throw any further light on this, please???Thank you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
HowardJohn said:
I have had the tyre under inflation symbol come on 3 times in the last 5 months-twice with the word "service".Took it to a garage locally who put the car on a diagnostic machine and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The vehicle (cactus deisal 1599 cc) is out of warranty. I changed the tyres in March 19 to Hancook all weather tyres. Same size as the previous Michelins. Wonder if that's the problem? Seems to come on if been in the garage for a week or so??????? Can any nice person throw any further light on this, please???Thank you.
How old is the car and battery?
If it's the original battery, have it checked out properly, not just measure the voltage across the terminals.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why would the battery condition put on 3 linked warnings.
If the EBD/Hill start assist/tyre pressure are all linked to the same component.???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just had the car connected to a diagnostic. As suspected, rear left ABS sensor faulty. Code C1326?? I think. Sounds like an easy fix, but its under warranty.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts