Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone post a photo of under the bonnet.

Has anyone looked at an induction kit?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Interesting that one of the comments suggests that all you need is a 'special K&N' filter replacement? So why aren't they fitted as original??

·
Registered
735 Posts
Tempted to obtain stats over few k miles from new ( when I get mine :( ) then buy one :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
The fitting of a free-er flowing airfilter will provide limited performance benefits without various other modifications to the intake and car and even then the gains would be minimal. You'll certainly see no more than a 1-2bhp increase. There may be a marginal benefit to mpg but it'll be so subjective you wouldn't notice the difference.

As JohnC mentions the major benefit of fitting something like a K&N is that they do not need replacing and with the appropriate kits can be cleaned at service intervals. K&N already do replacement panel filters for most PSA vehicles so chances are if there isn't one already there will be.

Fitting of induction kits however is to improve performance and I think we need to remember the Cactus isn't designed for taking corners flat, go pedal buried into the bulkhead at with full lock dialled in. If you want more performance a remap would be a better option but will have warranty implications. Both mods also have insurance implications.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Totally agree you wouldn't see much difference, and as Rich says the cactus isn't a sporty number.

I used to have an Alfa 156 2.5 v6 cloverleaf with a BMC CDA forced cold air kit coupled with a 2.5" stainless steel exhaust, now that was a different beast lol. And those modifications definitely helped, but I did spend a lot of time in petrol stations if I opened her up ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Totally agree with both comments, why buy this sort of car then think about turning it into a monster. Our 110 is plenty for this type of car, but in no way shape or form is it a 'performance car' or ever will be. My 1380 custom minivan has more oooomph!!!!, stoppings a little tricky though on 7" Cooper 'S' brakes lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unless you have a way of closing off the induction kit to engine heat fitting an aftermarket one will just cause it to get heat soaked and lower performance. Your best bet is either a replacement panel filter or a dedicated enclosed induction kit and even then the performance difference will be minimal on a Cactus!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts