Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether there is an update available as i find it strange that the database is well over a year out of date on my new vehicle. Ie roundabout on a main road that has been in place for over a year is missing, also turn off at another roundabout missing, this has been in place for over 2 years.
Can it be updated from a memory stick etc.

·
Registered
266 Posts
As far as I know, there is now a new map available (unless you have the 2015.1 variant already installed. However, satnav maps always lag behind reality - sometimes by 3 or more years. It should also be mentioned that the update cost is a complete ripoff compared to that for a Tom-tom or a Garmin. I think I will wait another couple of years at least to upgrade the maps. Have a look on the following site:

http://citroen.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-CitroenEurope-Site/en_GB/-/EUR/View-GetPage?Page=ActivationInstructions&wt=application%2FApplicationFrame.isml&SelectedMenuItem=eMyWay

·
Registered
80 Posts
Of course, there are other ways to update your maps and speed cams, etc that don't require ripoff downloads off Citroën.... Wink Wink nudge nudge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, apologies if this is already posted, how do you find out which Nav map is installed so I can check if there is a newer version to download? MMMMM interested in Decepticus comment but I guess the details can't be posted?? Thanks in advance anyway:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Johnny said:
how do you find out which Nav map is installed
Just do a long press on the setting icon (cog wheels) and it will offer you a menu of items for which you can inquire the software version.

Font Display device Technology Gadget Screenshot

And there is a more simple way to get the version number of each single country (or group of countries). I don't remember how to get there but it is contained in the menu tree of the navigation system.

Map World Font Technology Screenshot

The "v 104.0" is the map version of the selected country,

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Johnny said:
interested in Decepticus comment
Just use your preferred search engine and search for something like "smeg+ maps europe" (the most current version is 2015-1). You will find both instructions and map files (I found some dutch page which seemed the most helpful and used the instructions found there to update my Nav System successfully).

Note that the same maps are used by Peugeot and Citroen and by several types of on-board navigation systems (RT6 - eMyWay - WIP - SMEG+). The Cactus has the SMEG+ Systems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Barryflair said:
Why is it in the UK we pay for the update and in Italy etc they don't have to pay
I have no idea how it works - i.e. why some have to pay and others don't - but my car (new, Flair, UK) came with five years of free updates which just get done as part of a service. I assumed that was the case for all new Cacti.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think if you set up an account with MyCitroen (Google it for your own geographical area) and enter your VIN etc you can find out if your car is eligible for free map updates. Certainly in the UK, I established through this method, that I was eligible for free updates for 5 years. I was able to download the the updates, put them on a USB pen drive and upload them into the sat nav fairly easily and painlessly. It saves having to wait for a service or some other trip to the dealer to have the job done!

·
Registered
590 Posts
My dealer told me they dont do the sat nav updares and id have to do it myself. Not very helpful.

Is it easy to update?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wrightygiggs.... if it doesn't have sat nav already installed, getting the software will not solve your problem, unless you get all the hardware as well which will cost loads. Get a TomTom.
Muddles... Updating your sat nav is as I said in an earlier post is straightforward. You do need an 8MB usb pen drive. You need to subscribe to a myCitroen account, which in the UK is https://mycitroen-uk.citroen.com/MyCitroen/. You will need your VIN to register your vehicle. Look for Mapcare on the site, and that will confirm or otherwise if you are eligible for map updates. If you are, download the software which will need unzipping. make a note of the DRM code on the screen. Put the unzipped folder on the FAT32 formatted USB drive. Pop the USB drive in the dash mounted USB port, start the engine and all being well the sat nav will detect the update. I would recommend leaving the engine running as the update does take several minutes. If you switch the engine off there is a danger the sat nav will go into sleep mode and could corrupt the software.

·
Registered
590 Posts
DavidP thanks for that but I wasnt eligible for free updates :shock:

I've traded the BlueHD in for a 1.2 PureTech Feel petrol which I get on Thursday, and bought a new Garmin sat nav for it, free map and traffic & POI's updates for life. 20% or 25% off at the moment in Halfrauds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts