Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The urea light came on for the first time today. Bit surprised as the car had a service at the end of August and they said they'd topped it up (and we paid for them to do so!).

Managed to get it into the garage quick smart and they checked for leaks and topped it up with 7.5litres of ad blue. Can't help thinking it's never been topped up despite twice being told it was.

FYI they told me that if you see a leak it looks like snow!

Fingers crossed it wasn't a leak and just a case of them not topping up when they said they would.

Registered
I thought you were referring to a "new low fat urea" :D

Registered
Mrsstuzilla said:
Bit surprised as the car had a service at the end of August and they said they'd topped it up (and we paid for them to do so!).
I would get it into the dealer and just ask them to confirm you've not got a leak or fault in the system. If it had been topped up at the service, 7.5l is ALOT to get through in such a short time.

I know it depends on how you use the car but at 10,000k when mine was serviced I dont think the AdBlue top up was anywhere near that ammount?

Registered
paully said:
If it isnt a leak, then the dealer has some serious explaining to do!!
Yes exactly what I thought.... if they haven't done that then what else have they "Missed" out :shock:

Reminds me of a garage I knew of that was supposed to change an exhaust but they just sprayed the back part sticking out the back of the car silver so it looked new :?

Registered
My brand new Toyota that I had a few years ago had no oil in it except for a bit in the sump. The oil light only came a week after picking it up. I was not a happy bunny!.

Registered
It turned out to be a terrible car. I kept it for 12 months and I then went and got a C3 eHdi Exclusive. I had that for 4 years with no problems apart from a new Exhaust.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank for the replies guys! We came to the conclusion that it hasn't ever been topped up despite being told it was when we bought in Jan and again in August with the service. A bit worrying.

Registered
Mrsstuzilla said:
Thank for the replies guys! We came to the conclusion that it hasn't ever been topped up despite being told it was when we bought in Jan and again in August with the service. A bit worrying.
You can use any Citroen garage to do your service - you don't need to use the one you bought the car from

Find another dealer - I would :roll:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately the one that's closer has an even worse reputation. Used to have another franchise and and we bought a used car there. Vowed never to darken their doors again! Horrendous experience. They sold us a total turkey.

Registered
Correct..As long as they use suitable parts and follow the manufacturers servicing schedules.....which it appears the Citroen Dealer has not!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.