Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I noticed in the handbook it shows a usb connector and a 3.5mm jack in the glove box, I only have the jack, any ideas why?
Simon.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Seems to be a deliberate change to the build specification.
The user manual for cars produced before 14th October 2015 shows a USB and AUX socket in the glove box, after that date the corresponding manual for UK cars shows only the AUX socket.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yep, save Citroen 50c in manufacturing I guess. To be fair, the one in front of the gear stick does the same job and then we have a double-USB outlet plugged in to the 'lighter' socket for charging devices. Haven't missed having one in the glove box or the now defunct 16gb jukebox either.

·
Registered
626 Posts
To be fair I think the primary reason for the glove box USB was for the Citroen Connect Dongle (all the images in the book show it mounted in the dash connector). I would assume take up of that was pretty low and hence deemed surplus to requirements.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was told that the USB was taken away due to the heat buildup in the glovebox especially in the summer. People were having problems with phones overheating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts