Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current car insurance for my Toyota runs out tomorrow and will be automatically renewed. The current insurer isnt the cheapest but its not more than a few pounds dearer so not worth the hassle to change.

My new Cactus comes in possibly two to three weeks time. If I choose to change insurers am I likely to suffer any charges from my old insurers because Ive only renewed my policy a few weeks prior to cancelling it?

G

·
I'm sure you will be. Most insurers charge for cancellation in the fist few months after the policy starts, there will probably be a charge for changing vehicles even if the insurance for the Cactus is cheaper. It is called an administration charge which is understandable, but some companies do go a bit over the top on these charges.

You should find out what the cost is if any is in your terms and conditions which should be in a booklet that most insurers supply when you take out a policy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I told my insurers in advance that I was changing car within a few days of the renewal date, no extra cost and paying slightly less than I did for my DS3.

Insurance changes by the minute due to the way the markets play and there as been a rise this year as well extra premium tax. Its such a fluctuating market. HAGGLE,HAGGLE, HAGGLE with your insurers or tell them you have found a better deal. Good Luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
I changed from Churchill to Citroen Ins when I purchased my DS3 in 2014. Citroen paid my administrative cancellation fees which I think we're about £45. If you're changing to Citroen, see if they still offer this in in incentive. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I haven't paid any car change fees. You should be clear that you won't pay any when speaking to them and they're likely to honour that to keep you as a customer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts