Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed a vibration noise when accelerating through the gears on their Cactus. I have had mine for 5 months and I love it but this noise is starting to get to me, any comments or suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I have also got vibration rattle.
In 1. gear at 15kmh, 2. gear at 30kmh, 3.gear at 50kmh.
They thought it was some tube for the aircondition and shoved some asphalt underneath them, it didnt remove it though.
It sounds like a plastic rattle inside the dashboard I guess.
Anyone else with this problem ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, it wasnt the head rest.
In 1. gear at 15kmh, 2. gear at 30kmh, 3.gear at 50kmh. and a little in 4 at 70ish it still rattles.
It is as if it is from inside the dashboard, and a bit louder when listening near the air vents over the gear stick.
Any ideas anyone ?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yes I have heard something similar but not all the time - I can go a week without hearing it then it appears - Its a little annoying but not that bad and to be honest most cars have some sort of rattle, squeak or creek somewhere

·
Registered
133 Posts
fergie said:
Has anyone noticed a vibration noise when accelerating through the gears on their Cactus. I have had mine for 5 months and I love it but this noise is starting to get to me, any comments or suggestions welcome.
I have had mine for only three days and it is irritating the life out of me. I noticed it straight away as I drove away from the dealers. It's as if something was loose in the transmission or maybe the exhaust system. Did you ever get a solution?

I'm taking mine to the dealers in the morning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello.
No, never got a solution.
It is there mostly when it is cold, so when I get to the dealers its is hard to hear....
Pls post here if you get a solution.

Best regards Soeren.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I can hear a vibration noise on acceleration (in the diesel manual version) but as there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the cat I put up with it. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I am in Spain and had the very same problem with my 1.6 E-HDI ETG, I have just had it resolved and it is a simple problem. I have given more details if you look at the Introduction section of this site, but briefly it is the (silver colour) air-con pipes that run around the right hand side of the engine compartment to the dashboard area, which vibrate against the inner body of the car at certain revs. The mechanic at my local Citroen dealer has spent many hours on the case and has adjusted the pipe work slightly and hey presto the noise has disappeared.
Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.