Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. So now that I have my new Cactus, i can't really drive it until I get the V5C sent to me, or can I?

Supposedly the dealer registered the car and I checked online and the reg is now in the system and it says the car is taxed. It also says it can take up to 6 weeks to get the V5C, which seems rather long! Surely we are not expected to not drive?! Is there anything I can or should do for this paperwork business to get sorted more quickly?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Rx

Registered
If you have tax and insurance I'm sure you're ok. My V5C came in the post weeks later :)

Registered
If it is registered, taxed and insured yes you can drive.

If you are concerned print out the proof of registration and tax you obtained online and carry it with you.

Registered
Dealers have to make sure a car is fully road legal before it's sold, you probably had to show them your insurance didn't you, or use the Citroen temporary insurance so they could tax it.

Registered
You never get the v5c with new owner details straight away (when buying second hand - no experience of new) so I'm sure it's fine to drive. We drove ours! The paperwork usually comes through a few weeks later.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your responses. We've been for a little run around. What a lovely set of wheels!!!

Registered
Mrsstuzilla said:
You never get the v5c with new owner details straight away (when buying second hand - no experience of new) so I'm sure it's fine to drive. We drove ours! The paperwork usually comes through a few weeks later.
We bought ours new and had the V5c a couple of weeks before the car.

Registered
Mrsstuzilla said:
Yep I said when buying second hand.
I know you did. That's why in my comment I made sure I said we bought new, as did the original poster, and the reason for his question. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts