Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Got one small question for you. What kind of rear breaks do you have in your 1.2 110HP petrol engined Cactuses? Do you have drums there? Bought the Cactus 1.2 PureTech 110 HP Shine version and I recently noticed brake drums on the rear wheels... is it normal?

Registered
Mine has drums but early production had discs randomly but drum seems standard now :(

Registered
Mine has drums, new February this year.

Registered
Rear brakes are drums. Front brakes are ventilated disks. No problem with this as most of the braking is done at the front. Drums are cheaper to manufacture, function better as emergency brakes and hand brake and are lower maintenance. The Cactus is the reincarnation of the 2CV... remember?r

Registered
Ive said it before and say it again...there isn't 'out wrong with drum brakes.

Registered
Ours are discs all round, but as Rich says drum brakes are fine, assuming they are set up properly that is.

Registered
Our 110 flair has rear discs too. Probably look better behind the alloys but handbrakes always seem to work better & last longer with drums. It's a light car (petrol especially) with not much weight at the rear so discs aren't really necessary.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cactus4us said:
Mine has drums but early production had discs randomly but drum seems standard now :(
Is it completely random? Or the there is some trim level that will give you discs istead of drums. Funny, mine is Shine version (probably the same as Flair in UK), which is the highest trim and still, it has drums...

BristolRich said:
Ive said it before and say it again...there isn't 'out wrong with drum brakes.
I don't say that there is something wrong with the drums. But yesterday I parked next to another Cactus and it had discs on the rear axle. First thought was that somebody, at the dealership screwed me and gave me a car with lower option that I actually paid for.

Registered
Im sure its just another cost saving exercise. There probably isn't an option for rear discs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts