Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my Cactus three weeks ago, there were a couple of scuff marks on the plastic trim around the right hand rear wheel arch. The salesman tried to cover it with some "Special Stuff" but it didn't do anything. So he took it to the workshop for their "Expert" to have a go. He couldn't hide it either, but said he could paint it. I said I wasn't happy with that, so they agreed to replace it. I received a phone call this morning to tell me that the part had finally arrived, but that it would be a bigger job than they at first though, necessitating the removal of the rear bumper. It sounds like they have not done this before. I'm a bit worried now that my "New" car will no longer feel new when they start taking big bits off. I don't know what to do now :cry:

Registered
Some bits will be even newer ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I finally got round to taking my Cactus in today to have the trim replaced. Last time I spoke to the salesman he said it was a longish job, because they would need to remove the rear bumper. So I requested a courtesy car. I left my car with them at 8:30, and they rang a couple of hours later to say it was ready. On returning to the dealer, I had a look first, and found that the trim was not properly fitted. To be precise, it was sticking out at about the 10 o clock position. I told them I wasn't happy, so someone came out to have a look. After pulling the trim out a little, he then pushed in and it clicked into the correct position. So I will see how it goes with a bit of driving.
After doing a couple of journeys later in the day, I checked the "Link MyCitroen" app. It showed the obvious times and distances when going to and from the dealer. Then there were two journeys in between of 1 minute and 2 minutes. I assume these were into and out of the work shop. They were 6 minutes apart! So much for removing the bumper!

Registered
Good bit of detective work. I'm afraid it's typical car dealer bull s**t.

If it appears to be fitted correctly try to put it behind you and don't let it spoil the pleasure of having a new car.

Registered
When i picked my Cactus up the front passenger wheel arch was marked a defect and then the door pillar was chipped and the glove box had a defect. took them 6 weeks to get all parts and just had it done, only to go back and they have put a large scratch on the main dash so now waiting for more parts to be replaced. Does anyone know if i have right if there are any more problems to ask for replacement car ?

Registered
Unfortunatly you have no course for rejection of the car as the damage that has been caused is cosmetic and does not prevent the car from being used and functioning as a "car". If there were persitent mechanical or electrical failures that prevented you from using the car, or there was a significant issue with body finishes (spotted at handover) that suggests (and is proven) inadequate corrosion protection then I think these are your only genuine reasons for rejection.

It appears the problem is local to your dealer and their heavy handidness in their atempts to resolve previous issues. The only thing I can recommend is that you allow them to resolve the issues to your satisfaction, negotiate a deal with them (e.g. a free service) and find another dealer elsewhere.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wondermike1987 said:
When i picked my Cactus up the front passenger wheel arch was marked a defect and then the door pillar was chipped and the glove box had a defect. took them 6 weeks to get all parts and just had it done, only to go back and they have put a large scratch on the main dash so now waiting for more parts to be replaced. Does anyone know if i have right if there are any more problems to ask for replacement car ?
That would really piss me off. Maybe once it is all done you could report them to Citroen UK. I assume they are just a franchise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.