Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While washing the car this morning I accidentally pulled one of the wheel nut covers off. I pushed it back on but it didn't seem to go all the way then I noticed that one cover on each wheel doesn't go on as far as the other three. I assume these are the locking nuts. Has anyone else noticed this? It doesn't seem very secure, and I am worried that it will come off whilst driving.

Registered
That might be a Catustrophe ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talking of wheel nuts, where is the jack and wheel brace? Should there be a locking wheel nut adaptor? I don't have a spare wheel, just the re inflation kit, but surely there should still be a jack. I've looked in the boot and under both front seats.

G

The2ems said:
Talking of wheel nuts, where is the jack and wheel brace? Should there be a locking wheel nut adaptor? I don't have a spare wheel, just the re inflation kit, but surely there should still be a jack. I've looked in the boot and under both front seats.
Well as far as I know locking wheel nuts are standard across the range so you should have the appropriate key, mine was in the glove-box. I cannot think where else the jack could be, I take it your re-inflation kit was under the boot base in the spare wheel compartment.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keith said:
The2ems said:
Well as far as I know locking wheel nuts are standard across the range so you should have the appropriate key, mine was in the glove-box. I cannot think where else the jack could be, I take it your re-inflation kit was under the boot base in the spare wheel compartment.
Correct on the re inflation kit. I'll have a look in the glovebox tomorrow.

Registered
If you don't have a spare wheel you won't have a jack or wheel brace. You just get inflator, towing eye & hopefully locking wheel bolt key - all should be in a plastic moulding in the boot floor spare wheel well. I did not get a locking wheel bolt key & when I noticed took it up with supplying dealer - they supplied replacement from Citroen using chassis number. & yes the wheel bolt covers stick out more on the locking bolt head than the normal bolt heads - they seem to stay on although they are easy to pull off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the locking wheel nut in the glove box :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts