Citroen C4 Cactus Crossover Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm in the process of deciding which cactus to buy and can't make my mind up over specs! Which engine should I go for? Doesn't need to be a supercar or anything but don't want to be struggling going up steep hills in Derbyshire with 4 adults and luggage on board. Also I'm thinking all black but feel or flair? Heard that 16 inch wheels are a better ride. Any help and advice would be great. Thankyou in advance. :D

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I don't have the 16" wheels but I have heard a few on here say they are less noisy. I have the 17" and the noise seems fine to me but I have not compared so maybe I would be like WOW!!! if I rode in a cactus with 16" wheels.

As for engines I understand the 1.2 petrol is very pockey and has a nice sound to it but of course its not as good as the diesel with MPG and torque

We have the 1.6 100 BHP Diesel and we are very happy with it, it pulls well and we also live in a hilly area and have had no problems at all. But we have not had the car fully laden just my wife and I and my teenage daughter so none of us very heavy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was thinking maybe between the 82 and 110 petrol as I don't do enough mileage for a diesel. Also do you think black alloys on an all black car might look a bit to much?

·
Registered
262 Posts
hucknallflyer said:
Was thinking maybe between the 82 and 110 petrol as I don't do enough mileage for a diesel. Also do you think black alloys on an all black car might look a bit to much?
We've got the 82 and so far are happy with it.

Like our black alloys but dreading that first scratch!

·
Registered
262 Posts
hucknallflyer said:
Hi all. I'm in the process of deciding which cactus to buy and can't make my mind up over specs! Which engine should I go for? Doesn't need to be a supercar or anything but don't want to be struggling going up steep hills in Derbyshire with 4 adults and luggage on board. Also I'm thinking all black but feel or flair? Heard that 16 inch wheels are a better ride. Any help and advice would be great. Thankyou in advance. :D
Hi

The 24 hour test drive car that we had was on 16" inch wheels, the one we bought on 17" and my feeling is that the 16" ones give a very slightly smoother and quieter ride.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Don't discount the HDI Blue (100) diesel too quickly! ;)

I only do on average 7k a year and very much enjoying the very infrequent visits to the petrol station and when you do its ~£23 for half a tank.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You can never have too much black ;)
Can't comment on how 4 people would affect my 110 but the roar is hopefully strong enough for four :roll:

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi, yes I had heard about the 16 inch wheels give a better ride. I have a Flair Edition on 17inch wheels with Blue 1.6 HDL Diesel so far so good. This is my third Citroen with a 1.6 Diesel all have been excellent so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the help. I think I will try 17 inch ones and thinking of getting flair edition spec as I want the glass roof. Anyone actually use the self parking thing or should I just manage with cam and sensors?

·
Registered
262 Posts
hucknallflyer said:
Thank you all for the help. I think I will try 17 inch ones and thinking of getting flair edition spec as I want the glass roof. Anyone actually use the self parking thing or should I just manage with cam and sensors?
The City Park pack adds the front sensors which are useful. The assisted park does work but can sometimes be slower then parking yourself. First car that I have had with a camera and I do find it works well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
hucknallflyer said:
Ok, thanks Ruairi. Just out of interest, what sort of mpg do you get around town with that engine?
Only 340 miles on the clock so far so very early days and I would not expect the car to perform in terms of economy for some time yet.

Average so far (thanks to the Link MyCitroen App) 37 MPG.

Best was a run out the M4, 35 miles at 48.5 MPG.

Short town drives with car from cold so little eco about 25 MPG.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
211 Posts
We have the 82 petrol, 17" wheels, I had the choice of a shark grey / black 110 feel with16" or the 82 black / black Flair 17" when I was buying used ( my choice hit the sweet spot of great price, great looks, needed it preferably that weekend, and the wife approved!) I went with the 82petrol, to be honest, I thought the 82 was nippy enough for me, with its light chasis and stripped down weight, it really shifts, and as I've only been driving for 1 month, I really don't need any more grunt under my foot! maybe I will upgrade to a friskier model next time, who knows, if there's a Grand C4 Cactus out in a few years time, I might need the extra space with growing kids....

·
Registered
735 Posts
110 is like this ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
hucknallflyer said:
Hi all. I'm in the process of deciding which cactus to buy and can't make my mind up over specs! Which engine should I go for? Doesn't need to be a supercar or anything but don't want to be struggling going up steep hills in Derbyshire with 4 adults and luggage on board. Also I'm thinking all black but feel or flair? Heard that 16 inch wheelus are a better ride. Any help and advice would be great. Thankyou in advance. :D
I've ordered the Flair 110, purely as the diesel didn't suit re the travelling I'll do. I chose the 110 as mine will be fully laden with 2 adults and 3 kids and after researching I felt the 82 wouldn't have enough oomph. I went with the Flair as I occasionally drive long distances with work and wanted the sat nav, and the upgraded sound system. I believe the 17" come as standard on the Flair, and I have 17" on my current car with no problems, how they bear up on the lightweight chassis of the Cactus remains to be seen though......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine will be the 110 although I was going to buy the 82 as that's what I test drove and it felt fine with a decent amount of pick up when the accelerator was pressed down, with 3 adults in the car. Bearing in mind I drive a 1600 Toyota Avensis I thought it would be alright. However when the dealer looked to see what was available they only had the 110 engine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I test drove the 110 Flair through Citroen's 24 Hour Test Drive and loved it! However, I was then offered an 82 Feel, standard spec, for £131.00 a month on an 18 month lease with very little up front. Was too good to turn down and in all honesty the 82 is fine for what I need. I am finding that my driving style has changed, now in the constant pursuit of mpg! The car has done just over 1000 miles and overall I am at 48 mpg with a mix of town and motorway driving. More than happy with that for now. If anything, I would add the satnav and camera pack but more than please with the punch from the 82. Whichever you go with, you'll love the car!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts